Saturday, November 1, 2008

November 1 - Goals for the month

So October is finally done. Good month when all was said and done...I ran at about 5.7pt/100 this month, and had a decent hourly over my ~75hrs of live play. Can't complain when things are going fairly well. I oddly have felt really good doing minimal working lately. I feel I'm hyper focusing on quality over quantity which is a really good thing, plus limits the chance of burn-out (which I was close to a few months ago). Live poker has been feeling really good as well...my hourly isn't as high as I would like it to be...but I estimate I've only put in about 3K hands thus far...so I can't complain all that much.

November Goals:

1.) 40 hours of on-line play
2.) 40 hours of live play
3.) Pick up at least 3 new students
4.) Get website addition done (new add-on for coaching)
5.) 1 video
6.) Write 1 poker-based article

All very do-able. I have lower hourly goals this month because I will be “on vacation” for a decent bit of the month. I'm going back home to see my GF and the family...and obviously for Thanksgiving. I have begun to hate this time of year very much (always associate it with going home and my parent's divorce and my brother's death)...so I'm just going to try to be very relaxed if possible. I hope the real life stuff won't bleed into poker, and if it does, my hours will get cut even further...no reason to put in hours if the quality isn't up to par.

Just wanted to put a quick post up for the first of the month. I'm on my way down to the strip to grind out a session (maybe MGM tonight?). Cheers for a good month for all =)

And of course...a hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #8737254525: Table Wood Plank - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:01:47 ET - 2008/10/30
Seat 1: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 2: Tayfun72 ($22.45)
Seat 3: mushtart ($66.60)
Seat 4: pingpong101 ($18.45)
Seat 5: ermoin ($61.95)
Seat 6: dotdamage ($31.95)
Seat 7: blasehaseXXL ($75.50)
Seat 8: lew17325 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 9: bacy67 ($30.65)
ermoin posts the small blind of $0.25
dotdamage posts the big blind of $0.50
Tayfun72 posts a dead small blind of $0.25
Tayfun72 posts $0.50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Ad Qh]
blasehaseXXL folds
bacy67 calls $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $3
Tayfun72 folds
mushtart folds
pingpong101 folds
ermoin calls $2.75
dotdamage folds
bacy67 folds
*** FLOP *** [4h 8h Jh]
ermoin bets $7.75
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $35
ermoin raises to $58.95, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $12, and is all in
ermoin shows [Ah 9s]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ad Qh]
*** TURN *** [4h 8h Jh] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [4h 8h Jh 7s] [6c]
ermoin shows Ace Jack high
Its RIGGIGGITY shows Ace Queen high
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($98.75) with Ace Queen high

*SS*

No comments: