Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14 - Going to the gym

Boring but nice week thus far. Got quite a few hours of coaching done which felt great. So far I'm on pace for my goal of picking up students, and picked up my third one today. So hurray! I finally managed to hit a goal!!! I also got a burst of motivation today and got my ass to the gym. I'm not thrilled with my physical shape since I became a “pro”. I'm far from fat (6'0”, 165lbs) , but I cannot run 2mi straight through yet and my strength is way down as well...I mean hell...I'm getting winded chasing my dog around the house sometimes.

So the gym was great. I want to be kind to myself, and not over-exert myself. So I just started by slow jogging a 1/2mi, did some weights, some push-ups/situps...and I plan to go back tomorrow and get some swimming in before I go put in a session. I will never be a good runner (combination between bad knees/shins and I have super ADD), so I want to do something else for cardio...and being that a friend taught me how to swim in college, I feel I should put that to use (even though I still suck...its better than nothing).

Also got my car patched up today. My dumb ass hit a pole on my way out of Caesars one night (going like 1mph, but still beat the bitch out of my car), and I really wanted the dent out. So I ran into some guys today that had the tools on them to do it (don't ask, super sketch situation), and it was done when I got out of the gym. I ended up sitting down with the guys that patched the dent after and talked about God/religion for awhile (again, don't ask how I always get in odd convos in odd situations). For some odd reason, I keep noticing a very scary trend amongst 20-35yr olds who love Jesus...they hit rock bottom from drugs or gambling. Of course, that doesn't surprise me much given where I live currently...but is religion something that people do just because they need to grasp something on their way out of the hole, they either dug or were thrown into?

I don't want this to become a huge religious conversation, but it's just something I noticed. I mean hell, I never even considered going to church until this year (after the death of my brother)...and the only reason I wanted to go was to try to understand what the fuss was about. Religion is a silly beast.

Also...quick word on UIGEA stuff since some people have asked me my opinions on it. I suggest not panicking. This appears to be nothing more than more loopholes with fancy verbiage, juuuuuuuuuuuuuust like the last time they tried it. I think the entire thing is insane personally. Obviously the government is jealous they didn't get their dick wet from offshore poker money, and the fact they are trying to “protect teens FROM UNDERAGE GAMBOWLING!!!” is insane. I disagree with everything the UIGEA crap is about, if they really wanted to protect kids there are a thousand other ways to do it. The entire thing gets me angry (I really don't enjoy my government telling me what I can and cannot do with my money (when I'm not hurting anyone) and then ruining my job while taxing me out the ass for it).

And a hand before bed:

PokerStars Game #21899312438: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/11/09 17:00:29 ET
Table 'Salome V' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Naruse ($50 in chips)
Seat 2: AndeyPandey ($50 in chips)
Seat 3: Furioso_xx ($123.50 in chips)
Seat 5: calboy96 ($54.30 in chips)
Seat 6: BergenNH ($112.95 in chips)
Seat 7: iamjwm1965 ($58.70 in chips)
Seat 8: Punisher2421 ($36.15 in chips)
Seat 9: 7curse ($60.50 in chips)
BergenNH: posts small blind $0.25
iamjwm1965: posts big blind $0.50
grruuz: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [9c 9h]
Punisher2421: folds
7curse: raises $1 to $1.50
Naruse: folds
AndeyPandey: calls $1.50
Furioso_xx: folds
calboy96: folds
BergenNH: raises $3.50 to $5
iamjwm1965: folds
7curse: calls $3.50
AndeyPandey: folds
*** FLOP *** [7c 3h 9s]
BergenNH: bets $6.50
7curse: calls $6.50
*** TURN *** [7c 3h 9s] [6c]
BergenNH: bets $6
7curse: raises $21 to $27
BergenNH: calls $21
*** RIVER *** [7c 3h 9s 6c] [5h]
BergenNH: bets $74.45 and is all-in
7curse: calls $22 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BergenNH: shows [8d 8h] (a straight, Five to Nine)
7curse: mucks hand [9c 9h] (three of a kind, Nines)
BergenNH collected $120 from pot

*SS*

No comments: