Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17 - Moving time

So the house stuff is official now. They offered us “cash-4-keys” and my roommates wanted to take it...so time to get moving. Checked out a few places today/yesterday, and have a place lined up for tomorrow if I chose to take it...not 100% sure what I want to do quite yet...but I'll be figuring it out this week for sure. I am getting stress sick again from the whole ordeal, but I feel more comfortable now than I did before.

Other than housing stuff, I met up with 2p2r PartyPoker123 this weekend for dinner. Really nice kid, and related to me in more than a few ways. Very cool of him to take time away from his 600K hand bet and do dinner. Not really sure how the hell one goes about grinding that hard and that long...but all power to ya =). After that I fired up a session at the Venetian...and of course ran like hell hole.

Ended up -2.5BI by the time the weekend was over...which sucked. Not very happy with how live has been going lately, but doing a quick hand/hour calculation, it turns out I'm pretty much break-even over 4K hands...which on-line is a joke...so I'm just reminding myself to look at sample size. I am noticing the effects of the economy on the games as well, which was expected I suppose. Very sad to see games getting torn down and the fish starting to dissipate a bit.

On the same note of fish dissipation, I am doing another series for Stox!!! I have Mondays inked in for December (except the first one, so it will again be a 4 video series). I have a very cool idea for this one. I think I will call it “100%” and everything will be 100% something. 1 video will be 100% vpip, another will be 100% limping, and another 100% raising. I haven't figured out what the 4th video will be yet (maybe 100% checking?), but all suggestions are welcome so long as it works with the 100% theme. The goal of the series is to educate while entertaining, but also show many different marginal spots that people tend to struggle in.

Super fun stuff for sure. I also want to work out some more this week. I have taken a huge interest in getting myself back in shape slowly. I ended up doing a nice 200m swim on Friday, and hope to put in more laps this week. Swimming is by far the most solid cardio I can be doing, and also gives the entire body a work out.

Thats enough for now. A hand before bed:

Live 1/2nl at the Venetian:
(I wasn't involved at showdown, just a fun hand. I do have a reason for not raising on the flop)

2 limps, hero ($350) raises to $11 with KhQs, 2 callers behind, 2 limpers call

Flop: (5 players, $58) Qh Th 4s.

UTG check, MP1 ($850) fires $15, Hero calls, CO ($200) calls, 1 fold, UTG ($700) raises to $75, MP1 calls, Hero folds, CO folds

Turn: (2 players, $238) Ac

UTG shoves $614, MP1 calls $614

River: (2 players, $1466) 4c

UTG shows QT for 2pr
MP1 shows KJ for a straight, King high

UTG curses all and tells MP1 how bad he is...while also saying “there is nothing I could do, I played it perfectly”. Lol, nice 3x pot shove on the 2nd worst card in the deck. Poker isn't dead yet I suppose.

*SS*

No comments: