Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30 - Video!!!

I just finished a video for my site!!! Feels good as I've been meaning to get this done for about 2 months now. I did a 100vpip video at 2NL, which is a really fun video where I play every single hand to at least the flop. So there is a lot of talk about ranging, flop play, CB-ing, and how to exploit given our image. Hopefully the video will be out later today (the 30th), and also hopefully people enjoy it.

So I started doing coaching again, which I feel good about. I took the last week off because the house thing stressed me out and I wasn't feeling very good (read last blog post if you are confused). But I did a few sessions today, and have a couple more lined up this week. I think I'm going to start promoting coaching again next month and also increasing prices (turns out the average student needs few hours with me to get what they need). So if people want the lower pricing, get the applications in soon to lock in the lower price (current students will not get a price increase obviously).

Mentally I am feeling much better. I talked it out with quite a few people, and I really feel the big gap in understanding is my base of reason. Religion gives you a nice base of reason because it doesn't have to make sense for you to believe in it...so you can easily believe that a higher being has you on Earth for a reason. (no, I have no interest in debating religion in this post =) ). Logic forces me to look at all the angles and then analyze everything...which is good in most situations but intangible things. I think my main issue is that I don't just live...I don't just “be”...I constantly analyze. I was having a conversation with my friend and I confused him a lot because everything I do in life I do a utility v. cost analysis in my head (utility is the economic term for “happiness” essentially). I think I need to work on just relaxing, being, and enjoying everything.

Poker has been going pretty well lately. I still haven't had a losing on-line session for the latter part of the month (and only 1 losing live session). So I feel very strong right now. And usually when I go on a big winning binge I fear playing because I don't want to lose and mess it up. However, I still want to grind right now...which feels awesome. I didn't meet my goals for the month (wanted to do around 125hrs of poker and only did about 110hrs)...but I'm just happy I was working, winning, and felt like the time spend was more quality than before. I'm looking forward to moving back to 100nl next month...I think my new style should do quite well, and running 18/15 will boggle the minds of people who had me at 11/7 at that level in the past.

Well that's it for now. Hope all is well with everyone else...and enjoy Halloween. I'm thinking the strip on Halloween will be nutty...and of course...a hand (put in ¼ of your stack, and fold against the 100/58'r...niiiiiiiiiiiiiice idea sir!):

PokerStars Game #21611833531: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2008/10/30 3:40:39 ET
Table 'Dubiago' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: pokerlimper ($0.85 in chips)
Seat 2: JoekDAwei'KU ($5.62 in chips)
Seat 3: bakalatron ($4.69 in chips)
Seat 4: 7curse ($4.25 in chips)
Seat 6: ShanePotckin ($2.01 in chips)
Seat 7: sunhong365 ($3.32 in chips)
Seat 8: xxxMFBxxx ($7.46 in chips)
Seat 9: Porfidio ($10.27 in chips)
pokerlimper: posts small blind $0.01
JoekDAwei'KU: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [8h 5s]
bakalatron: calls $0.02
7curse: calls $0.02
ShanePotckin: calls $0.02
sunhong365: calls $0.02
xxxMFBxxx: folds
Porfidio: folds
pokerlimper: raises $0.18 to $0.20
JoekDAwei'KU: folds
bakalatron: folds
7curse: raises $4.05 to $4.25 and is all-in
ShanePotckin: folds
sunhong365: folds
pokerlimper: folds
Uncalled bet ($4.05) returned to 7curse
7curse collected $0.48 from pot

*SS*

3 comments:

Brandon Mark said...

So what are your coaching rates currently?

SplitSuit said...

$45/hr

Which in all seriousness, is way too low given both the coaching market and what you learn.

Not sure what the new pricing schedule will be...but certainly something a bit higher... =)

*SS*

JH1 said...

Wow, WILLAMI has some dedication. I remember him from 1c2c in early 2007. Nice vid by the way!