Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7 - I went to a club?

So this week has been fun thus far. I got a phone call from my uncle on Tuesday who had apparently just landed in Vegas the day before. His new company was hosting a party with Dub Magazine over at Blush (nightclub at the Wynn)....and he invited me to come down. Very cool experience for me as I have never been to a club before. However, I was quickly reminded why I don't go to clubs...because I'm claustrophobic. I didn't stay that long because of that, but meeting the people he works with was cool (also, DJ Scribble was spinning there, which was cool because I'm a huge fan of Scribs). Interesting night overall, then headed over to Venetian to put in a small session before returning home.

Live poker is angering me quite a bit lately. Cannot seem to strap a winning session together lately. I know I haven't been running very well (missed 7/7 of my last 12+ draws), and haven't been hitting flops often...but it's very frustrating playing with people who might as well be drooling on their cards and having them winning the money you are not. It's also very frustrating knowing that you have to have a +5BI session to be back on track as far as hourly rate is concerned. But, I'm still very confident, and have decided to not look at the bottom line for a bit...and just focus on pounding in hours and grinding through the hell patch.

Also did a few coaching sessions this week. Had an intro session with one student that went very well. Was a constant back-and-forth of information and questions...most certainly my favorite type of coaching session. Besides coaching, I've been putting in hours myself this week! Not many, but some...which feels good after this hellish start to the month. I think I'm -$1Kish so far, between live and on-line, so I'm hoping that flips and then I'll start grinding hard. I also watched another Jared video on Stox (the psychology guy I mentioned a few posts back), and am loving his message. I realized 2 very important things today:

1.)..Poker is built to reward bad players. If bad players were not rewarded, then they would not play, and there would be no fish (the main reason why I, and others, play this game).

2.)..I tilt because I feel as though everything should be even. My frame of reference on “even” (or more correctly, “normal”) is based on too small of a sample size. If I extend my sample size then I realize normal will never be actualized...and thus can never be mad

I think once I can fully tweak my brain to understand these things, I won't tilt any longer. Realizing these things is the first step, now I have to implement and work with them. At least now I know what I need to be working on, rather than bumbling around trying to figure it out.

And of course, a hand!

PokerStars Game #21742060123: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/11/03 21:55:59 ET
Table 'Thuban IV' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: FACUMDP ($96 in chips)
Seat 2: ScaveX ($94.95 in chips)
Seat 3: hongzhong ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: Make_my_D ($65.95 in chips)
Seat 5: As5s ($10 in chips)
Seat 6: DeSignor ($47.15 in chips)
Seat 7: dwq2300 ($9.25 in chips)
Seat 8: RockHolly ($50 in chips)
Seat 9: 7curse ($50.75 in chips)
RockHolly: posts small blind $0.25
7curse: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Qh Qs]
FACUMDP: folds
ScaveX: folds
hongzhong: folds
Make_my_D: folds
As5s: folds
DeSignor: raises $1.50 to $2
dwq2300: folds
RockHolly: folds
7curse: raises $4.50 to $6.50
DeSignor: calls $4.50
*** FLOP *** [3d 6h 7d]
7curse: bets $8
DeSignor: raises $14 to $22
7curse: raises $22.25 to $44.25 and is all-in
DeSignor: calls $18.65 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [3d 6h 7d] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [3d 6h 7d Js] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
7curse: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)
DeSignor: mucks hand [5d 2d] (a pair of Fives)
7curse collected $91.55 from pot

*SS*

No comments: