Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4 - Digging...

So this month got off to a bad start to say the least, lol. Fired off 10.5BI within 24hours, which believe it or not, isn't really that much fun. So now I feel like I'm digging myself out of a $1K hole before I even got started. *sigh* O well...I decided to look at my PT over the last 2 months rather than 3 days so it's more psychologically pleasing. Even after this swing I'm still doing 4PT/100 over the last little while...so I'm still very confident.

I decided I would take this time to also move a lot of my play over to PS. I just need a change of scenery and I also want to prep myself for SuperNova next year. I originally had it goaled to get SN this year, but after a severe drop-off in expected volume, I decided SN would just be pushing myself too hard. Like I said last post, Quality>Quantity. So my first session went well. However, word to the wise, always get your software checked before you start a session. I had quite a few issues with my mouse scroll scripts and also application attention. I'm finally all set up now, and very motivated to grind, so expect to see a bit of me on PS in the near future =)

Also...I plan on adding a section to my site. I want to have an articles section for people to post articles they think can help a player. I plan on writing at least 1 article per month, and hope to get some 2p2r's to also pitch in. If you are interested in writing an article, please email me at splitsuit@gmail.com . Topics are whatever you feel is relevant. For instance, my first article will probably have to do more with the psychology side, while other articles will definitely focus more on the strategic side of things. So like I said, if interested, just email me (it's always good to have articles posted on a legit site...fills up the resume =) ).

Other than that, life has been pretty bland. Whenever I run bad I tend to focus a lot of time and energy on grinding and getting my mental back on track. So today was a lot of grind, then play Halo to release, then back to grinding. I actually think I'll be putting in some volume at this rate =). Also, since I don't think I've told people this before, I'm sort of superstitious. I know it's not logical, but whenever I run bad I change everything on my computer. I always change my wallpapers (until I have a winning session with one), then change the music I listen to during sessions, then change my avatar, etc. I think the wallpapers have changed 3 different times today, lol. Anyone else do anything odd?

Alright, thats enough for tonight. Here is a video I've been watching nonstop tonight. The choreography is amazing, as is the song...so enjoy...



and of course, a hand:

PokerStars Game #21742060123: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/11/03 21:55:59 ET
Table 'Thuban IV' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: FACUMDP ($96 in chips)
Seat 2: ScaveX ($94.95 in chips)
Seat 3: hongzhong ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: Make_my_D ($65.95 in chips)
Seat 5: As5s ($10 in chips)
Seat 6: DeSignor ($47.15 in chips)
Seat 7: dwq2300 ($9.25 in chips)
Seat 8: RockHolly ($50 in chips)
Seat 9: 7curse ($50.75 in chips)
RockHolly: posts small blind $0.25
7curse: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Qh Qs]
FACUMDP: folds
ScaveX: folds
hongzhong: folds
Make_my_D: folds
As5s: folds
DeSignor: raises $1.50 to $2
dwq2300: folds
RockHolly: folds
7curse: raises $4.50 to $6.50
DeSignor: calls $4.50
*** FLOP *** [3d 6h 7d]
7curse: bets $8
DeSignor: raises $14 to $22
7curse: raises $22.25 to $44.25 and is all-in
DeSignor: calls $18.65 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [3d 6h 7d] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [3d 6h 7d Js] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
7curse: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)
DeSignor: mucks hand [2d 5d] (a pair of Fives)
7curse collected $91.55 from pot

*SS*