Saturday, August 2, 2008

August 2 - New month!

Hurray for it no longer being July! Although August is off to a superb (sarcasm) start, I'm just happy that July is in the past. I ended the month +$1.3K, and although I'm not thrilled with the results, they could have been much worse given the events of the month. As for August, I put in a 3K hand session earlier just to grind it out a little bit. -1.5BI in the more annoying ways (I ran into the nuts 3x, got 5 outted twice, 4 outed once, etc). But, I'm still very confident about this month.

I've also been exploring staking a bit. I have wanted to add some passive income to my plate for awhile, so I figured now is a great time to do so. I'm looking into long-term stakes (3-6mo minimum) starting at 25NL. Investment is lower here, and I also get time to work with the stakee while they are still learning, and patch leaks before they become flood-holes. I'm in talks with one person now, that will probably go through next week. Also, Mpethy is awesome and helped me write up an awesome contract for the arrangements, so props and thanks to him!

I decided to buy the 100Kpt thing with my medals (and 1 $26 token for fun). So if anyone thinks of anything they want from the FTP store, just leave a note in the comments and make me an offer. I have 315K points, and will probably buy an iTouch 32GB at some point soon, but if some1 really wants the monitor or something, I can always put it on hold.

My GF finally gets back later today! I haven't seen her in almost a week, so that should be good times. I also haven't seen Kingjamen...so I'll finally get a few days to chill out with him (GF and I share him atm). I think we're all gonna go off to the beach tomorrow and just chill out because I haven't seen the beach in like 3 weeks (which very unacceptable when you live 10min from the ocean). I put in the majority of my work this morning so I could spend more time with her tomorrow, and then Sunday is right back to the grindstone.

I'm not putting any more hand goals on myself if possible. My goal is just to grind the most when I'm feeling right, and not force myself to mega-volume if the games aren't in peak condition. I decided I'd rather make my goals in terms of hours, so I guess I'll aim for about 20hrs/week, and 5hrs/week of coaching. I also want to play some more MTT's this month. The only thing that sucks about MTT's (other than the life-tilting variance) is that best ones run during peak hours. Sadly, my brain cannot handle MTT and Cash at the same time...so I'll have to figure something out.

BTW, I very much dislike FTP right now. Besides running me the way they do for the sample they have...I believe 3 of my checks from July bounced. Thats awesome! I love that I have to wait 9million months for my, yes MY, money! O well...I'll just live a little light off-line for a bit longer. It's really time to get to hustling as well. I'm figuring my trip to Vegas will cost me about $1K in gas + w/e else I spend along the way. Not to mention some little fix to my exhaust system as well. So $1.8K will probably be the cost to get out to Vegas. And yet another piece of the bankroll gets torn apart!

A hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7475430357: Table Blossomwood - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:17:47 ET - 2008/08/02
Seat 1: DISPOSABLEHERO1 ($37)
Seat 2: ProudDonkey ($56.80)
Seat 3: rivahata ($123.20)
Seat 4: freakinrican815 ($89.50)
Seat 5: PChop22 ($44.65)
Seat 6: HiPolymer ($119)
Seat 7: snow_mann3 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 8: kaizoku318 ($100)
Seat 9: Its RIGGIGGITY ($118.60)
kaizoku318 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Kc Ks]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $3
DISPOSABLEHERO1 calls $3
ProudDonkey folds
rivahata folds
freakinrican815 calls $3
PChop22 folds
HiPolymer folds
kaizoku318 adds $1
kaizoku318 folds
*** FLOP *** [6h Th Qs]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $6.50
DISPOSABLEHERO1 calls $6.50
freakinrican815 folds
*** TURN *** [6h Th Qs] [6c]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $15
DISPOSABLEHERO1 raises to $27.50, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $12.50
DISPOSABLEHERO1 shows [Qh Ts]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Kc Ks]
*** RIVER *** [6h Th Qs 6c] [Qc]
DISPOSABLEHERO1 shows a full house, Queens full of Tens
Its RIGGIGGITY shows two pair, Kings and Queens
DISPOSABLEHERO1 wins the pot ($75) with a full house, Queens full of Tens

*SS*

No comments: