Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17 - Busy Weekend

Busy weekend. Family got in on Thursday (Godfather + Grandparents) for the benefit which was on Friday. I did a coaching session on Thursday afternoon, and after that it was crunch time to get everything together for the benefit. Spent probably 13 hours alone just labeling different gift items...which got super boring in a hurray...but w/e...“labor of love” as the family kept saying.

Benefit on Friday went very well. I think we raised quite a bit of money for the scholarship fund in my brother's name. It was a tad bit awkward though because of my mohawk. I'm getting it buzzed off on Labor Day, but am keeping it till then. Well the town we live in in Boston is very affluent, and thus I got quite a few snide comments about my 'hawk. O well, can't please everyone, but I wasn't going to not do my 'hawk when the 'hawk is in remembrance for my brother anyway!

Did a little sessioning today (like 2K hands). I don't know whats going on, but I feel like every session I'm starting very behind, and playing to breakeven. I know I'm not a breakeven player, and am not approaching sessions like “hey, lets break even today!” It just seems that I always lose 2 stacks before I even get my tables all up (exaggeration, but frustrating). I'm hoping that one of these days it will just all click again and I can combine playing well with running well, rather than just the prior.

I also mentioned my cash out situation last post. Well my CashPickup withdrawal got declined! *initiate Godmode* But, someone posted a thread in the Zoo that said there was some email addy that FTP had opened up if you needed a check badly (which I really do). Oddly enough FTP got an email back to me within an hour saying they could help me out, and I apparently now have a check in the mail. Hopefully all goes well with this one.

Well because I cashed out quite a bit for Vegas trip and everything, I left myself a small bankroll for 50nl (~$2K). (I decided that I would play 50nl for a little bit in an effort to regain myself and also work on some intricacies I haven't been utilizing to my advantage) I always play very over-rolled, but oddly enough, have no issues with shot-taking and such, especially in an aggressive manner. I figured that at the moment I would put in some grinding at 50nl, which has been going well as far as play goes. Not so much in the running department, but when u get another two set < sets (I'm actually -1BI with trips at 50nl this month, lol) and some other lovely hands, it happens. My style has changed quite a bit since I started playing 50nl a bit, which I'm keeping a close eye on, although I'm very confident its a positive change.

Thats enough for now...have to get some sleep before a coaching session at noon...and a hand for everyone:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7675465167: Table Port (deep) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:31:32 ET - 2008/08/16
Seat 1: The Pure ($71.55)
Seat 2: Shadowbxr ($101.80)
Seat 3: BigJerry44 ($49.70)
Seat 4: Jaguardac ($55.10)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($55.10)
Seat 7: Menudencia ($50.25)
Seat 8: vlrhsgo ($102.80)
Seat 9: Windgat ($32.25)
Menudencia posts the small blind of $0.25
vlrhsgo posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [9d 9h]
Windgat folds
The Pure folds
Shadowbxr folds
BigJerry44 raises to $1.50
Jaguardac folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $1.50
Menudencia folds
vlrhsgo folds
*** FLOP *** [9c Ts Th]
BigJerry44 bets $2
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $8.75
BigJerry44 calls $6.75
*** TURN *** [9c Ts Th] [Kc]
BigJerry44 bets $12
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $12
*** RIVER *** [9c Ts Th Kc] [Kd]
BigJerry44 bets $27.45, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY folds
Uncalled bet of $27.45 returned to BigJerry44
BigJerry44 mucks
BigJerry44 wins the pot ($43)

*SS*

No comments: