Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 31 - July is Over!

I did my Well on 2p2 this week. A Well is a thread on 2p2 where a known poster has people pelt him/her with questions, some personal some poker. Feel free to ask any questions in there, and I'll answer them.

The Well: SplitSuit

Other than my Well, I've been very busy this week. Since Monday I have done a coaching session everyday. I've picked up a few new students and am loving it! I actually feel very proud of myself for turning a -3pt/100 loser into a winning player, after one 2hr session. Obviously there were some super leaks, so we re-worked his strategy from pre-flop onwards, and he's been winning everyday since. Nothing makes me prouder than a student that just gets it, applies it, and grinds the hell out of this game.

I haven't gotten much grinding done lately. I think I'm just letting this month fade out and will resume grindcore hard on Friday (Aug, 1st). I'm at 37K hands now, so I might just push through, get to 40K tomorrow (no coaching sessions scheduled for then) and bid this month good riddance. At this moment I'm +$1.3K after all is said and done...but I'm not proud of that at all. I think August has a huge shot at being my 'turn around' month. My cutting down of tables, my hyper focusing, and my intense thinking (thanks to coaching) really has me optimistic on having a great great rest of the year.

Also, on the same accord as my Well I suppose, it's getting to be about time I get a Pooh-bah post finalized. I already have 3pages started from a few months ago, so I think I will expand heavily upon it (probably try to cap it at about 7pages w/o examples). My working title is “Bet-Sizing: Optimally Maximizing”. I really want to go into some depth with this as I think its the most important over-looked concept in PL/NL. So I'll expect to post that sometime in August or September, and will obviously link it here. If anyone has any articles, suggestions, questions, comments...please fire them here or ship me an email: splitsuit@gmail.com

Semi-off topic...On FTP I have 210K pts, and I have 2450 medals (getting another 250-300 this month). What should I do with them? At 2500 medals I can buy 100K pts, and buy something big. Any ideas or suggestions? Or should I just save up my pts, and wait on the medals an buy the $600 bonus in a month or so? Side bonii promotions are awesome...but I never know whats optimal.

Side business idea...I was thinking of doing 1 or 2 things. Since I know a lot of people are into coaching and making vids, I've been thinking about doing this:

1.) Offering to build websites for people. Fairly cheap in comparison to what you'd find otherwise, and I know exactly what you want/need (poker sites are generally pretty simple, but need certain things for sure). Can also help people market them, update, and maintenance them. I had a lot of fun building my own website, and really think I can make solid sites for people.

2.) Expand my own website and give other coaches or interested parties their own pages. I already get traffic here on a daily basis, and that cuts down on a lot of work that they might have to do. Of course I would host, update, and maintenance everything, and charge a monthly fee (haven't worked out this figure yet, probably around $40/mo).

Any thoughts on that?

And as usual, an awesome hand! (nice flop call buddy):

Full Tilt Poker Game #7444227734: Table Singing View - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:53:07 ET - 2008/07/30
Seat 1: Max Revenge ($133.35)
Seat 2: Fusch ($107.85)
Seat 3: GTstables ($97)
Seat 4: Its RIGGIGGITY ($100)
Seat 5: kNosPeee ($117.55)
Seat 6: cdicara ($78.90)
Seat 7: Promilleernst ($100)
Seat 8: ghanditerp ($48.50)
Seat 9: Ghostrider117 ($103.45)
Max Revenge posts the small blind of $0.50
Fusch posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [3h 3d]
GTstables raises to $3
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $3
kNosPeee folds
cdicara folds
Promilleernst folds
ghanditerp folds
Ghostrider117 folds
Max Revenge folds
Fusch folds
*** FLOP *** [Th 3c 4c]
GTstables bets $7.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $25
GTstables calls $17.50
*** TURN *** [Th 3c 4c] [6d]
GTstables checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $39
GTstables raises to $69, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $30
GTstables shows [5s 7s]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [3h 3d]
*** RIVER *** [Th 3c 4c 6d] [4s]
GTstables shows a straight, Seven high
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a full house, Threes full of Fours
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($192.50) with a full house, Threes full of Fours

*SS*

1 comment:

Damn Ringer said...

i dunno if you have a house or not... but i'm gonna get the deluxe poker table and create a poker room in my new house when i get it.

Obviously there's alot to be said about 50" plasmas or 42" plasmas as well. orrrrr save up and get your own avatar!