Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 23 - Lack of play...

It's been a very busy last few days. I managed to pick up a few new students which I'm very excited about. Some of my current students are starting to get to the point where coaching isn't as necessary for them and I'm very stoked for them. Congrats to everyone so far! =)

Besides coaching, I've been working hard on being the laziest person ever (oxymoronic, I know). I think I've put in 1 session since my last blog post. Blah...I did exactly what I thought I was going to do. I knew I would lose motivation right before I left for Vegas. O well, at least I have income coming in from other things which always helps the lazy spurts. On a semi-related note, I added my stakee's blog “I vi ii v7” in the blogroll...so make sure to check his blog out and follow our progress. (I believe he's already +7BI in the first week...keep up the good work sir)

Been spending a lot of my non poker time with the GF. Trying to cram in as much 'seeing each other' time as possible before I leave. I set my launch date on September 8th. So we've just been bumming around, watching lots of movies, and enjoying each other a little more. Also, semi funny story:

So being that I'm taking Kingjamen to Vegas, she decided she wanted a pet, but something simple and easy. So she decided to go check out guinea pigs at Pet's Mart. So we take King and get his nails clipped, then go check out the lil guinea pigs. She picks one up, and is interested in seeing what King would do. LOL. She put it on the floor in front of King (who by the way, is the world's wimpiest dog ever), and wouldn't you know it, the chihuahua attacks the lil bugger. King snapped that thing hard too, and I'm pretty sure the guinea pig was bleeding badly. Lesson learned...King doesn't like guinea pigs. (Obviously she didn't buy that one...and yes, some animals were hurt in the production of this story)

I'm very excited about leaving. I'm going to try and take my time getting out there, but I don't want to slowpoke given how much I have in my car. Apparently I might I have to take my 32” TV with me as well (which originally was supposed to be re-bought and shipped directly to Vegas). If it does go with me, then I literally have a very uneasy amount of valuables in the car. I'm going to try to blog often on that trip and do different things + take pix. It will be just me and the puppy on the ride, so we'll see what the little guy is up to doing.

Also, the Poohbah post is coming along well. I've decided to use this Poohbah as the skeleton for an 'online NLFR' book I've been planning on writing for some time. My original plan was to look into 2p2 for publishing, but given the situation this week, I'm not too sure how I feel about that. They made me change my 2p2 handle because my website name = 2p2 handle. I've had my 2p2 handle for ~4years, and in that time have done nothing but give to the community. My website has been up for 2 months, and I promote 2p2 in quite a few places (links and such). However, 2p2, instead of PM-ing me and asking me to change my URL, flipped and told to change my handle (or have my Split Suit account shut down all together). Awesome! So the brand I've built around that name for 4 years is now gone!!! *^%#. My marketing professors would have been so proud...

But, all is said and done at the moment. So my new 2p2 handle is *Split* in case people were unaware. And on that note...a hand before sleep:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7614058215: Table Regena Rose - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:24:42 ET - 2008/08/12
Seat 1: tsirsilva ($126.80)
Seat 2: JayCe 24 ($100)
Seat 3: dzuropa ($85)
Seat 4: ShouldaWoulda ($5.55)
Seat 5: NDirish80 ($160.80)
Seat 6: ANT_NN ($19.50)
Seat 7: Irish Craig ($139.75)
Seat 8: pkrfrmhou ($56.70)
Seat 9: Its RIGGIGGITY ($106.90)
Irish Craig posts the small blind of $0.50
pkrfrmhou posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Qh Qs]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $3.50
tsirsilva folds
JayCe 24 folds
dzuropa folds
ShouldaWoulda raises to $5.55, and is all in
NDirish80 folds
ANT_NN folds
Irish Craig folds
pkrfrmhou raises to $20.65
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $68
pkrfrmhou calls $36.05, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Qh Qs]
ShouldaWoulda shows [Jd Jc]
pkrfrmhou shows [Jh Js]
Uncalled bet of $11.30 returned to Its RIGGIGGITY
*** FLOP *** [Kh 4h Ks]
*** TURN *** [Kh 4h Ks] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [Kh 4h Ks 8h] [3c]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows two pair, Kings and Queens
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the side pot ($100.15) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the main pot ($16.30) with two pair, Kings and Queens

*SS*

No comments: