Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August 19 - Some people...

Ok...new week and new goals! I'm attempting to be very optimistic and I have some fun things to help this.

1.)I think its fun to play poker again! I'm now spending a lot of time watching Stox vids of other genres of poker (lot of HU and 6max stuff). I'm considering getting into HU a bit (will for sure when I get to Vegas), so we'll see how that goes. I decided I would give that a go at HUPLO last night...didn't end up that well, but learned a valuable lesson: “don't bluff someone who hits the nuts often”

2.)I have a little money on PS that I keep over there for rainy day MTTs and such. Being that I want a bankroll on PS and don't want to have to deposit, I'm going to grind that up. My goal is to aggro bankroll that starting at 25nl. I think this will be fun, while also giving me some great insight to the current level of microFR (as it has been quite some time since I put in work at 25nl). I will still play 50nl-200nl on FTP during that time, but will probably split time between the two so I can get a move on my PS bankroll.

3.)Every single one of my students has increased their WR!!! Nothing makes me happier than watching my students succeed.

4.)Going to be doing a video within the next 2 weeks. I'm thinking I will do a 50nl video, and am debating between 2tabling and playing like 40/25, or 9 tabling and playing sTAG. Suggestions?

Other than that, nothing too exciting. Just bumming around for 2 weeks, then off to Vegas. O, random thought...was at the store today with my dad who was just picking up a quick bottle of wine. This old dude (probably late 40's) was at the cash register at the same time we were, and was hassling the hell out of the 17 yr old girl working it. This lasted like 3 minutes, and I finally just went over there to see what was going on...the old dude is bitching about $1. ONE DAMN DOLLAR. I was in shock to see this guy just grilling and steaming on this girl over $1 that the dude blatantly did not pay. I finally just gave the cashier a dollar to get things moving (because this really wouldn't have stopped if someone didn't do something)...AND THE GUY KEEPS COMPLAINING!!!

He's now bitching at me because I gave her a dollar. *sigh* Some people are just out there. But at the same time I thought about how this isn't that uncommon. Although generally I see it more with people an their coupons or arguing over a few dollars at McDonalds, but it's super sad. I don't know if it's because I'm a poker player and thus money movement, losing and earning, is commonplace, but a few bucks really isn't worth arguing over. I just know that I usually give people money in these spots just to get things moving (if I go to WallyWorld I tend to always bring a few singles in case people are complaining about something stupid, because its really not fair to the cashier getting paid $6.50 to hear you complain about a $4.99 item being rang up as $5.59). I just wish people could put things in perspective a bit better.

And a hand before bed:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7694143564: Table Hitching Post - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:06:47 ET - 2008/08/18
Seat 1: feel it burn ($10)
Seat 2: grizmaldi ($45.50)
Seat 3: kamunikator ($33.20)
Seat 4: bighowe05 ($52.20)
Seat 5: PokerQueen350 ($34.20)
Seat 6: MClark79 ($73.80)
Seat 7: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50.75)
Seat 8: missvoyage ($19.20)
Seat 9: unknowneinstein ($35.10)
PokerQueen350 posts the small blind of $0.25
MClark79 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [3c 3s]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $1.50
missvoyage folds
unknowneinstein folds
grizmaldi folds
kamunikator folds
bighowe05 raises to $5.25
PokerQueen350 folds
MClark79 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $3.75
*** FLOP *** [2c 4h 5h]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
bighowe05 bets $4
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $34
bighowe05 raises to $46.95, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $11.50, and is all in
bighowe05 shows [Ks Ah]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [3c 3s]
*** TURN *** [2c 4h 5h] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [2c 4h 5h 2h] [3d]
bighowe05 shows a straight, Five high
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a full house, Threes full of Twos
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($99.25) with a full house, Threes full of Twos

*SS*

5 comments:

Damn Ringer said...

yeah i mean some people aren't as well off as us, and have to squeeze their money in every place they can.

Also i really like the new header man. Good looking pic. that might inspire me to make a new one.

SplitSuit said...

i know some ppl aren't as well off (not that i can call myself well off, but for a 22 year old right out of college, my situation could be 9000x worse). i guess its just the attitude that is coupled with the complaining that i really dont like. hard to say this kind of thing without coming off like an asshole...but i took a stab at it =)

also, thnx for liking the new header. was bored and just made a quick banner.

Damn Ringer said...

if ya wanna be bored and make me a new header... you just let me know.

i understood what you were saying but i'm sure you know some people just enjoy bitching.

SplitSuit said...

ppl do enjoy bitching. i try my best not to =X

hmmmm...if i do get bored...what kind of banner we thinkin? mind you im not super great w/ photoshop...but i can do the basics

Damn Ringer said...

i dunno something with a hokie and something with poker?