Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 9 - Lazy Grind

I'm very happy with this month so far. Although I'm not running particularly well or anything, I think I'm running fairly average, which is a nice change of pace. I generally would prefer average over a sample than the extreme variance I normally get (normally because extremely well doesn't do anything for me while extremely bad does). I've played a whole 8K hands so far (I really thought I would have grinded more), and I'm doing about 1.5pt/100. Nothing to write home about, but certainly nothing to piss and moan about.

I've been doing lots of poker thinking lately as well. With lots of coaching happening, and more students in the pipeline, I realize how much I personally get from coaching. I not only get the financial benefit, but I get to learn, think deeper, and also focus on my image (both professionally and at the table). There have been a few things I have tweaked already after coaching (mostly in terms of pf and flop play) that I may not have realized without going over it so many times.

Things I've been thinking about include:

1.)when to CB, how to CB, why we CB
2.)double barreling
3.)VB-ing tighter

My Pooh-Bah post will look at all of these more in depth, and my goal is to have that posted by the 20th of this month. Writing this is really giving me a good chance to think a deeper level, while also focusing on conveying my message on the 1st level. I was reading a post the other day on what makes a good coach, and one of the main bullet points from people was “the coach can think deep, play well, but give me this me time that really sets me apart (and I think a big part of the reason why 2p2 is so receptive to my videos and posts). information in a way that is easy to understand and apply.” I think this is something I've been doing for quite soSo hopefully I can continue doing that through this Pooh-Bah post.

I've been very lazy this week personally. Sadly I only got to the gym once, and ran once (albeit, 2 days left this week)...but I'm proud for getting even that done. My GF also noticed that I'm starting to do more things per day (when I'm in a depressive state I often tend get 0-1 things done per day, no matter how big/small they are). I also noticed this, and think I snapped out of that mini-depression I was feeling late last month!!! I think a lot of this came about when I got some new motivation, started being more organized (professionally and personally), and started getting more exercise.

Also, I just added my BlogList on the right side of the page. So if anyone wants me to add their blog there, just drop a link in the comments and I'll hook you up so long as 1.) you hook me up, and 2.) your blog is acceptable. Everyone loves a little extra exposure, so lets all help each other out =).

Alright, again, another late night. So here's a hand before bed:

(“never go broke in a limped pot”...lol)

Full Tilt Poker Game #7521236528: Table Montpeliar - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:22:21 ET - 2008/08/05
Seat 1: Its RIGGIGGITY ($102.10)
Seat 2: x1a137d2 ($38.15)
Seat 3: FlashOver ($106.05)
Seat 4: Wazzamaniak ($45.60)
Seat 5: R1986 ($30.70)
Seat 6: HoldThsNutz ($118)
Seat 7: kotzii ($60.20)
Seat 8: adrianus13 ($39)
Seat 9: Dr-Sarcasm ($115.95)
FlashOver posts the small blind of $0.50
Wazzamaniak posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [8d Td]
R1986 folds
HoldThsNutz folds
kotzii folds
adrianus13 calls $1
Dr-Sarcasm folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $1
x1a137d2 folds
FlashOver calls $0.50
Wazzamaniak checks
*** FLOP *** [8c Th 4d]
FlashOver bets $4
Wazzamaniak folds
adrianus13 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $16
FlashOver raises to $52
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $101.10, and is all in
FlashOver calls $49.10
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [8d Td]
FlashOver shows [Jh Tc]
*** TURN *** [8c Th 4d] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [8c Th 4d 6d] [6s]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows two pair, Tens and Eights
FlashOver shows two pair, Tens and Sixes
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($203.20) with two pair, Tens and Eights

*SS*

No comments: