Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5 - Positive

Decent start to August. Breakeven so far, over a whopping 5K hands. But...I'm feeling much more motivated to grind out...which I'm very happy about. I was worried that I might get lazy this month, and not really grind out till Vegas. However, it seems my body+brain are finally working together, so grindcore it is.

I did 2 coaching sessions in the same day today (something I don't normally do). Feels good to be mixing in playing an coaching more than I ever have. I feel my playing has improved quite a bit thanks to this. It's also forced me to look at myself psychologically more. I no longer feel as though I can flip out in a chat thread or go off about how baddly I'm running. This forces me to focus on positive things, and not dwell on dumb variance crap. No one cares that I'm down X amount of buy-ins, and no one cares about whatever cooler crap happens. I think more people need to remember that dwelling on the little dumb things is counter productive in general, and they should really spend more time focusing on playing and improving in other areas (no, this is not a slight on anyone).

I was talking with WhiteWhale a bit tonight, and we had an awesome conversation. One point we talked a lot about was motivation in this game, and its overall importance to playing. I think this is something that may have been missing from my game, whether entirely or partially I'm unsure. This motivation can come in the form of a new topic being presented, an interview being watched, or just talking with another card player. Right this moment (and I think the conversation with WhiteWhale was my motivational moment) I am very grindcore oriented, which I think will keep me grinding sessions longer, harder, and better.

It's been a nice relaxing few days. The GF has been back so I've hung out with her the last few days. I finally got my mohawk trimmed up, got to see my dog for a few days, and saw a few flicks (Step Brothers + X-files ) with her. I also helped her paint her room (an of course by this I mean that I did 80% of the painting while she stepped in paint and did other silly things). She's also letting me do some tagging on her walls when they are done (yea, its like periwinkle blue and will have tagging on it)...which is cool because I haven't tagged anything in years. So I need to plot out something nice, then get practicing =)

Alright, its 4a, and I'm exhausted. A fun hand before sleep:

***** Hand History for Game 7517888422 *****
$100.00 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 05, 12:19:02 ET 2008
Table Pink (deep) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Seat 1: MyEntourage ( $178.70)
Seat 2: URazEiFOld ( $153.15)
Seat 3: meatyballz85 ( $60.75)
Seat 4: MClark79 ( $149.10)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ( $205.10)
Seat 6: Chadmw ( $83.75)
Seat 7: ohodge ( $313.70)
Seat 8: tylerf13 ( $223.75)
Seat 9: davenigma ( $98.50 )
MClark79 posts small blind [$0.50].
Its RIGGIGGITY posts big blind [$1.00].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [ Ks As ]
Chadmw folds
ohodge folds
tylerf13 folds
davenigma folds
MyEntourage folds
URazEiFOld calls [$1.00]
MClark79 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to [$4.00]
URazEiFOld calls [$3.00]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 2s, Qs ]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets [$4.50]
URazEiFOld raises [$16.00]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises [$60.50]
URazEiFOld raises [$133.15]
Its RIGGIGGITY calls [$84.15]
URazEiFOld shows [Jc, Kh ]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ks, As ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a flush, Ace high
Its RIGGIGGITY wins $303.80 from main pot

*SS*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the air as I am break even over the same amount of hands too, although it is at tiny NL10!

How many tables do you play? I've been experiemtning with 10-15 FR games and seem to be able to keep up quite well although I seem to rely on PT stats too much when playing this many tables.

SplitSuit said...

i was 16tabling, and recently cut down to 12. nothing wrong with using stats as a nice baseline when multitabling...just make sure you know how to adjust to certain ppl (aka, take notes as often as possible).

and 5K hands is like 6-7hrs of grinding...so not a big sample or anything. hopefully i can put in a good 50K-80K hands this month

*SS*