Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10 - Goals For The Weekend

So my birfffday just passed; turned 22. Was a really nice day, though more stressful that I really wanted it to be. O well. Did lunch with my mom and sister at Cheese Cake Factory. Got Smash Brothers Brawl for Wii and some clothes from my mom, along with a gas card for my trek to Vegas. Got home and chilled with dog and GF for a bit, then played some tennis before playing a lil SBB before dinner. Did dinner with my uncle, dad, sister, and GF...and had a delicious 'brinner' (breakfast for dinner). Got a BoSox jersey from my uncle (and a lottery ticket), and some specialty foods from my sister. My GF got me some T shirts and other stuff (she had already gotten me a TomTom GPS thing a lil bit back as an early B day present)...she's quite awesome, esp as a gift-giver.

I think I'm gonna start posting at least 1hand with every blog-post. This will ensure that I make this blog at least somewhat poker related. However, as per my recent usual, I'm being super lazy right now. I think the fact that this month isn't an easy one emotionally (1yr anniversary of my brother coming up, preparing for a benefit we are having in his name, my B day, my mom's B day, etc) coupled with my GF is making this month a difficult work environment. My GF is really great, but I forget sometimes how much of a time commitment a relationship really is. Its also hard given she works a lot of day-early night type shifts (so she's back here around 10ish often), and usually I'm just firing up tables at that point because the mid-day games are just so bad. I think once we are more in sync with our schedules it will make life easier for both of us (me being able to grind, and her being able to spend more time with me and us both be happy).

All life stuff put to the side for a moment, I'm setting these goals:

Today is Thursday (7/10)...i want to put in 16K hands before noon on Monday (7/14).
I want to write one more blog post before the same time
I want to start/make 1 new song

that is all.

As for the music, I've been messing around with music creation for a few years now. Did a little hip hop myself back in high school and early in college, but decided to move over to production midway through college. I now do a sort of funk-tronic and video game music. One of these days I'll actually put some up and link it out. But I think making sure I do something musically every now and then is very good for me...keeps my brain working.

I've recently been IM'd by quite a few 2p2'rs because I gave my AIM out in some thread. This has been a really nice opportunity to meet some new people, learn some people's stories, and conversely, tell my own a few times over. I think I might do a well on 2p2 soon (thread where ppl pelt u with questions about anything), and link it here. I think I actually have a decently interesting story (coming from the standard college poker game to a gambling addiction to grinding one summer with nothing but 5BI to my name). I think I'll do this soon...maybe ill add that to my list of goals =)

thats enough rambling for tonight. Up early on Thursday for a counseling session (seeing a counselor for 1hr/week is a really nice way to relieve stress and work on productive living and goal setting) and then grinding out the rest of the weekend. Sadly, I wont be able to go to Foxwoods this weekend because the GF just her first tattoo, and she didn't realize both the pain and the fact she couldn't go swimming/jacuzzi. O well, another weekend. An I'm sketching out my new tattoo idea today...I think I'll get it before Vegas

And the promised hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7131569854: Table Winery Ridge - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:24:17 ET - 2008/07/08
Seat 1: Brew Crew ($137.05)
Seat 2: ragflopz ($109.85)
Seat 4: tiger91 ($44.40)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($119.25)
Seat 6: kbm021 ($99)
Seat 7: SecretSurface ($190.85)
Seat 8: Koppal ($40.50)
Seat 9: MolsenMI ($100)
ragflopz posts the small blind of $0.50
tiger91 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Ah Ad]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $3.50
kbm021 calls $3.50
SecretSurface folds
Koppal folds
MolsenMI folds
Brew Crew folds
ragflopz raises to $15
tiger91 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY has 15 seconds left to act
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $42
kbm021 folds
ragflopz has 15 seconds left to act
ragflopz has requested TIME
ragflopz calls $27
*** FLOP *** [6c 3d Ks]
ragflopz checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $36
ragflopz raises to $67.85, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $31.85
ragflopz shows [Kd Kh]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ah Ad]
*** TURN *** [6c 3d Ks] [As]
*** RIVER *** [6c 3d Ks As] [4s]
ragflopz shows three of a kind, Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY shows three of a kind, Aces
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($221.20) with three of a kind, Aces

*SS*

No comments: