Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Start of July...

It's been a very intense last few days. On Saturday we did the micro-forum FR challenge draft. I was really happy to get first pick and felt I really got a good team together. Of course, because I didn't really know any of the players, I decided to pick my team based on their relative nearness to a flavor of ice cream. Yes, this makes me borderline absurd, but its all for fun and I have faith in my team none the less.

On Sunday I wrapped up the horrible month that is June. Ended out the month at 65K hands, an +$1.7K after all was said and done. Not terrible given how it began, but really frustrating running really badly in setup hands and also hitting draws. I'm really trying to stay focused because its been a bad couple of months (~120K hands), and I'm trying to retain composure and not tilt through any of this. I'm very lucky that I can control tilt well, and that helps me put in sessions through the hell patches.

On Monday I decided to take it easy and take the day off of poker. I spent the day with my GF who had the day off work. Got some errands done during the day, then took the dog over to get groomed (I swear to Jesus, this 5lb Chihuahua is spoiled like hell). She also gave me my birthday present (which isn't till the 9th) early, so we tested out the new TomTom GPS. Really awesome gadget, and will make driving out to Vegas much more enjoyable. Thing can read documents to you, talk to you in awesome accents, and make phone calls...pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. Did dinner later that night (why UNO's says its “Chicago-style” is beyond me,...I'm from Chicago and UNO's is crap in comparison), and then saw “Wanted” because both of us have a hard-on for Ms. Jolie. Movie wasn't bad, very much an action movie, which was right up my alley that night.

Tuesday wasn't bad. Went out to a local state park and did a nice 5mi walk with my GF and dog. We ran across some big ass snakes, and the walk was cut short because of such. Apparently girls don't like snakes much...i was shocked to learn such news. Have a nice steak dinner, then I get to work. Have a nice +5.5BI session. Cut it short though because, though I was running very well, I felt as though I was starting to autopilot. Felt good to finally suck out a few times (though nothing harsh, just QQ v AK on TJQ board, and 44 v 32 on A54 board), and hope the good luck continues throughout the month. So I book a nice win to start the month, built a little much needed confidence for July, and look forward to putting in more hours this month. Goal this month is just 80K hands, but with my birthday, event planning for August, and also the 4th, it might be a stretch. Hopefully I'll hit some nice motivation and get this done.

*SS*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you had a good start to the month, bro. Your team will lose though. :D Chihuahuas are evil. Run goot!

RE

SplitSuit said...

naw...my Chihuahua is teh shit. Ill post a pic or so at some point.

an im glad i had a good start to the month as well. nice to start in the green rather than spending 1/3 the month diggin my way out of hell. an team "we scream for ice cream" will smash face, kthnx!