Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21 - It's a slow grind sometimes...

Omg omg omg...things are finally starting to turn around! So I decided to go against my last post and do a bit of short stacking (like 2.5K hands of it). Did that through 100nl and 200nl, just to get my feet wet with it again, get a change of pace, and skew up my stats for the month. I didn't like it all that much, was just nice to be able to think through a different set of ranges for 2hrs and also win a few coin flips (regression to the mean, regression to the mean...). After that I decided to go back to full stacking.

On Saturday I did a sweat session with JH1. I was very impressed with him: he had a solid thought process, was very smart, and overall really good player and person. So I sweated him for 6tabling 50nl for about an hour, then he sweated an 8tabling 200nl session of mine. I didn't run very well, but minimized loss to about -$300, which I was happy about. Was a little tilty after that session, mostly because of a 5 outer and a JJ v AA in a position hand...but took a 20min break before firing up another session. Did a +1.5BI session, +2.5BI session later that night, and booked a nice +2.5BI session tonight while doing a video tonight. So nice to finally be getting close to break even on the month. * sigh*

I also finally got my Cash Pickup withdrawal from FTP approved, and I will pick it up later today. I've been a little angry with FTP after having 2 checks get bounced, and a 3rd take 15+ days (still not here yet). But at least this withdrawal gives me a little breathing room cuz I have very little off-line right now. O well, just reminds me to plan better for the future, especially in this odd cash-out climate.

I made a video tonight as well...which I should be posting up later today. For some odd reason when I compress with Camtasia it takes like 8-12hrs for a 1hr video in .wmv format (which keeps it very small, but retains really solid quality). Hopefully people will like the video as there are a couple of fun spots. I really want to get more traffic to my site as well. Since putting the site up I've been hell bent on getting traffic there, and not really cuz of the coaching. I just think its cool that I have my own lil corner of the Internet, and I love checking my page stats to see how many new visitors and such I have. I've been using Google Analytics (yea, Google is taking over the world) and its a really nice application that measures so many things about the site. Apparently, I have people in Finland watching my videos, which I find really awesome. So in an effort to get more traffic I think I might start posting my vids on other poker forums. I've only been a part of 2p2 since posting with poker, so this should give me a chance to branch out, meet new people, and get a lil more movement on the site in general.

In personal news, I saw the Dark Knight in IMAX (omg, a goal that I completed!??!) on Saturday. My God, in IMAX, that movie looks amazing. Apparently some of the scenes were shot specifically in IMAX (like the cityscapes and also the bat-cycle sequence), and they really looked gorgeous. I also got some cooking done, which I like doing in my spare time. Made shrimp diablo pizza with my GF the other night, and it came out really well (let me if u want the recipe...its very spicy, but really flavorful). Other than that, it was kind of a quiet weekend. I took a lot of naps because I'm having a hard time getting to sleep at night, and my body is kicking my ass for it. O well, it happens.

Goals for the week:
~) run 4x
~) work on a new song
~) do a sweat session with someone
~) read ½ of this new book I got (about the psychology of a healthy and intimate relationship...I like psychology books in general)
~) start my trunk design (I have this trunk I use for storage (old military trunk), and I want to turn it into art work)

I've been finding lately that I really want to exercise my creative side of the brain a little bit more. I think poker forces you to really lean on the logical side, and thus hinder your ability to sometimes be more creative. So I'm trying to make sure I keep both sides of my brain strong.

And as usual, a hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7227417375: Table Round Castle - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:15:49 ET - 2008/07/15
Seat 1: RiverOfNoReturn ($38.65)
Seat 2: CHzar ($31.80)
Seat 3: bsk_500 ($38.15)
Seat 4: Its RIGGIGGITY ($175)
Seat 5: derMichaaa ($20)
Seat 6: giveusakiss ($108.65)
Seat 7: goozent ($31.50)
Seat 8: Goldz ($111.60)
Seat 9: wererat1972 ($96.75)
bsk_500 posts the small blind of $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [9c Ac]
giveusakiss folds
goozent folds
Goldz folds
wererat1972 folds
RiverOfNoReturn calls $1
CHzar folds
bsk_500 calls $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
*** FLOP *** [6c 7c 3c]
bsk_500 bets $2
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $8.50
RiverOfNoReturn calls $8.50
bsk_500 calls $6.50
*** TURN *** [6c 7c 3c] [6d]
bsk_500 checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $18
RiverOfNoReturn calls $18
bsk_500 raises to $28.65, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $10.65
RiverOfNoReturn calls $10.65
*** RIVER *** [6c 7c 3c 6d] [8d]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $1
RiverOfNoReturn calls $0.50, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $0.50 returned to Its RIGGIGGITY
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [9c Ac] a flush, Ace high
RiverOfNoReturn shows [5c 4c] a straight flush, Seven high
RiverOfNoReturn wins the side pot ($1) with a straight flush, Seven high
bsk_500 shows [7h 7d] a full house, Sevens full of Sixes
RiverOfNoReturn wins the main pot ($111.45) with a straight flush, Seven high

*SS*

8 comments:

clutch227 said...

You are horrible riggy. How can you bet that turn? THE BOARD PAIRED, did you see it? And the other guy had a straight flush, dummy. I'm going to talk to the internet and have you banned for sucking.

Damn Ringer said...

your FTP checks bounced?!

I have cashed 4 so far in the past 2 months and haven't had that problem. that would be awful if it happened tho.

SplitSuit said...

yea. i was in the group of people that FTP sent bad checks too. i got my FTP accnt recredited, ~$400 in bonii...but bonii are useless if i dont have my own cash in my own hand.

yea, pretty frustrating to say the least. but CashPickup worked easy as pie, so i suggest it for future cashout needs

Anonymous said...

Friends don't let friends shortstack 100 nl. My check bounced too.

SplitSuit said...

PHC, i LOL'd at ur comment when i was SSing (i cant chat, otherwise wud have talked to ya). I SS every now and then just as a mix up and so i can think about something different.

How've u been making out lately? I've noticed u around more often that usual lately.

Anonymous said...

Caught you shortie style again. Chasing mid year bonus so I have been playing too much. June was rough. July ok. Not sure if I am running bad or the regs are fully aware of my leaks. Might move up to 200 where I am unknown.

clutch227 said...

PHC:

I know from experience that if you have leaks, they will get exposed much quicker and more ruthlessly at 200 than at 100, even if you're unknown. I moved up to 200 with leaks (am a 3-3.5 pt BB/100 winner at 100 nonetheless) and ran like God for a while. But after 20k hands, I stopped running great and my leaks were exposed. I tried to plug the leaks, and had the right ideas, but it was very hard to change my game on the fly at a new level. You have to be very comfortable in BVB spots, 3 bet pots, and find creative ways to disguise when you flopped a set, much more so than at 100. Don't move up just cause you think it'll be an advantage to be unknown. You'll be known quickly and struggle to adjust. Instead, figure out what you want to change about your game and do it at 100. Then move up when you're confident. GL either way.

P.S. Sorry about the random stupid post up top. Riggy is one of my best friends and obviously knew I was just being a dick. I'll try and keep my posts here constructive as much as possible.

SplitSuit said...

Clutch could not have said it better. figure your obvious leaks out now, and then move up when u feel ur pretty leak-free.

remember, when moving up, dont overadjust ur game, assume everyone is floating u, and start playing back without reason. play ur game, adjust as needed, and remember: its still poker