Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18 - And it continues...

I am so frustrated right now. Just one of those stretches where nothing is going right. Not like this is the first one I've ever encountered (by a long shot =) ), but this one is really getting to me. I'm at -13BI right now, and analyzing sessions twice over at this point. I'm really not worried about my play at all, most (11) of the BI's are just coolers and running bad, which is very reassuring. I think this downswing, coupled with the hell that is Monday (1yr anniversary of my brother's passing) and life stress, is just dragging on me.

At the moment I'm considering different poker options. My options are short stack for a little bit (just to mix things up) which I would do at 200nl-1Knl, cut down the amount of tables to like 6-12 (which was suggested by a friend I respect quite a bit, and thus I am heavily considering this), or moving over to PLO for a little bit. I'm not really considering PLO as an option, though I suppose my winning of 7 of my last 59 coin flips doesn't help that much =). I'm not the worst PLO player, but I don't think I want to deal with that kind of variance right now. I don't really want to short stack right now (I'm saving this for my move to PS, which I'll go into in a bit) just because the variance is sick and +/-10SSBI sessions are super common. I guess that leaves me with cut down tables. I think I'll do this for weekday games (and oddly enough, move up at the same time. So I'll 6-12 table 200nl during non peak hours). This will allow me to re-tweak my game, get used to 200nl again for when I move up, and probably make a better hourly than I am right now (currently doing $40/hr for the year at 100nl w/ RB). However, I'll still probably 16table during peak hours and weekends just because I find that to be most profitable for me.

I am planning on moving some, if not a huge %, of my play over to PS in the next two months. One of my goals for the year was to get SuperNova, which is very possible given my current level. I think I'll have to play about 250K hands at 100nl (or 215K hands at 200nl), which should take about 2-3 months if I really hustle. So I'll b jumping on the 24tabling bandwagon and ruining all the PS games =). I'll probably just SS there so I can clear SN as quickly as possible, burn the bonii, and get back to FTP. I'm really a sucker for FTP, I love the software, the game selection, RB, and overall look. Albeit the customer service does suck often, the servers do crash sometimes, and other issues; but nothing is perfect.

Also, I've noticed some people talking to me on the tables lately, and just wanted to say “hi”. However, I don't have chat on FTP right now, so please don't feel I'm being rude and ignoring you. I self-banned my chat so I can focus on playing and not talking silly nonsense.

As usual, I'm behind on my goals. I've done 2mi of running, made no video, played like 5K hands, etc. I think my next week's goals are gonna be simple so I can actually accomplish all of them for once. In the next few days I'd like get health insurance (srsly, with how much I pay in rake, you'd think FTP would give me health insurance =) ), see the new Batman movie at an IMAX theater, and make a video. Very simple goals, so that should be good. I won't set any hand goals for probably the rest of the month as I'm very stressed lately and think that forcing myself to play might draining me a bit.

And a hand (lol...wtf is villian doing?):

Full Tilt Poker Game #7254912974: Table WPTfan.com - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:37:17 ET - 2008/07/17
Seat 1: NJSparty ($105.50)
Seat 2: OUBoomerSooner ($64.55)
Seat 3: VVarrenI3uffett ($94.25)
Seat 4: Tarik84 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 5: iemdavid ($100), is sitting out
Seat 6: aquitas1 ($42.60)
Seat 7: Its RIGGIGGITY ($100)
Seat 8: kbslimjim ($58.85)
Seat 9: tanian99 ($151.85)
ccrw85 sits down
aquitas1 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #3
ccrw85 adds $40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Kh Kd]
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $3
kbslimjim folds
tanian99 folds
NJSparty folds
OUBoomerSooner folds
VVarrenI3uffett folds
aquitas1 calls $2
*** FLOP *** [Ks Qs Qc]
aquitas1 checks
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
*** TURN *** [Ks Qs Qc] [Kc]
aquitas1 bets $3
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $12
aquitas1 raises to $39.60, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $27.60
aquitas1 shows [Ad Qd]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Kh Kd]
*** RIVER *** [Ks Qs Qc Kc] [4s]
aquitas1 shows a full house, Queens full of Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY shows four of a kind, Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($82.20) with four of a kind, Kings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no shoutout on ur boys bday... if i had a site i would by like happy birthhday to itsriggitty keep grinding