Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28 - The weekend

This weekend was a blast!!! I think I broke 100% even after rakeback. Albeit, very small sample size, but still a 5K hand push. I came to a lot of conclusions about my game and they are this:

1.)I suck at coinflips forever.
2.)16tabling isn't really for me while full-stacking
3.)My game is very powerful postflop (between hand reading, pot control, and manipulation)
4.)I can use these skills much more when 12tabling
5.)I enjoy playing a bit looser than my superTAG stats

I've decided to cut my tables down to 12 for the time being. I got this advice from someone awhile back, and I really think this is best for me. My core-competencies are really in post-flop play, and playing superTAG really squeezes my edge to pre-flop play. I feel really good since making this decision. I'm able to play more position pots, really focus on picking off weak players, and making more value per hand. I don't like only seeing 750 hands/hr...but I'm OK with that if my WR does what I expect it to do.

I actually managed to get to a + WR this month at 100nl! I'm very proud of this especially after my nice lil ~15BI downer. I'm thinking I'll put in another 6K hands this month to hit 40K hands for the month, and be done with it. Besides playing I have a coaching session later on today (first session with a new student), and I have a few possibilities lined up. I really am excited about being able to coach more. Ideally I'd like to coach ~7-10hrs/week (so ~5-8 students). We'll see how that works out as we go on.

Nothing super exciting going on lately. I did go on a mini-shopping spree the other day. Nothing feels better during a downswing than dropping more money. O well, I needed new shoes, pants, and shirts, and I wanted new stuff before I got out to Vegas anyway. Also decided to get a few RJD2 albums. RJD2 is amazing, his style is all over the place, and I really wish I could replicate his style.


RJD2 - 1976
just one of his many sounds (and one I like to session to now)

And as usual, a hand! (serious LOL at villain):

Full Tilt Poker Game #7405540991: Table Camino Entrada - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:07:26 ET - 2008/07/28
Seat 1: lbsracing ($68.70)
Seat 2: Its RIGGIGGITY ($100)
Seat 3: 151CaribouLou ($41.90)
Seat 4: Miyogi ($118.40)
Seat 5: lazienbastos ($20.40)
Seat 6: jsmooth007 ($17), is sitting out
Seat 7: lamotta867 ($79.75)
Seat 8: Punisher_007 ($105)
Seat 9: wannagopro ($119.55)
Miyogi posts the small blind of $0.50
lazienbastos posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Ac Ad]
lamotta867 folds
Punisher_007 folds
wannagopro raises to $3
lbsracing calls $3
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $15
151CaribouLou folds
Miyogi folds
lazienbastos folds
wannagopro calls $12
lbsracing calls $12
*** FLOP *** [Ts Ah Qc]
wannagopro checks
lbsracing checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $36
wannagopro calls $36
lbsracing folds
*** TURN *** [Ts Ah Qc] [9h]
wannagopro checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $49, and is all in
wannagopro calls $49
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ac Ad]
wannagopro shows [Jc Jd]
*** RIVER *** [Ts Ah Qc 9h] [9d]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a full house, Aces full of Nines
wannagopro shows two pair, Jacks and Nines
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($213.50) with a full house, Aces full of Nines

*SS*

No comments: