Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26 - The month is almost over!

So about that depression I mentioned last post...yea...i think I've got a mild case of it. Dammit! It's really putting a hindrance on getting volume in this month. Because I've been really unmotivated to grind out I've just been putting in SS'ing sessions. I hope this weekend I can put in some really nice, long, and profitable full stacking sessions. If I had to set a goal I'd say I'd like to put in around 9K hands this weekend....but as I said earlier in the month, I am setting no more solidified hand goals for the month.

I did a coaching session in earlier today. I always love the first coaching session with a new student. Get to see their PT, and really start from scratch in a way. This player was actually not using any tracking software nor HUD before today. I was amazed that some players (especially serious players) don't utilize these programs! So we spent some time working through the software, setting up HUDs, and learning which stats meant what and how to use them. I feel as though I've done that quite a bit this week between talking to players and posting in some 2p2 threads on HUDs. O well, but I'm happy to have another student on board, and even more excited that he was really happy about the first lesson.

Besides coaching, I have a sweat session with Billx on Sunday (I've decided that I want to do one sweat session per week. Although in the future I will not set them up on weekends for the obvious reasons of profitability). I'm hoping this goes as well as the one with JH1 from last weekend, which I feel was a great experience for both of us. I also decided to sweat 'EricDarland' at a 12tabling 200NL session yesterday. Was really nice to see someone running a nice smartLAG game, but wish some more interesting spots would have come up. O well, I think we were both on the same page, but there were some tweaked differences between our styles, which I believe are just functions of our standard levels.

I finally got some running done yesterday! Feels like awhile since I've done that (like 5-7days, but still don't like not being out moving), but felt really good. I'm sore as hell because I decided I was going to do some of my old agility drills...huuuuuuuuuuge mistake! Haven't done that kind of explosive movement since high school...so needless to say my legs are killing me. At least it will help me get into shape faster. I'm not out of shape per se (6'0” 162), but my cardio is not up to par and I'm not as strong as I used to be. My goal is to get cardio in shape first then start lifting again. I don't need 'beach muscles'...just my strength back. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be “jacked” or anything, but there are worse things in life.

And as usual, I'm getting to bed around 5am. I really need to get my sleep schedule back on track...obviously a bad sleep schedule is terrible for depression. Ill make that my 1 goal for next week. =)

A hand, then bed: (villian's comment before his push made me LOL)

Full Tilt Poker Game #7051477844: Table Wispy Sage - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:14:35 ET - 2008/07/01
Seat 1: donkeidic ($45)
Seat 2: RacknStack ($77.10)
Seat 3: Its RIGGIGGITY ($141.45)
Seat 4: MolsenMI ($103)
Seat 5: LacieK ($113)
Seat 6: Goso ($20)
Seat 7: giveusakiss ($80)
Seat 8: martingal19 ($85.60)
Seat 9: Mondrigor ($102.10)
RacknStack posts the small blind of $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Kh Kd]
MolsenMI folds
LacieK folds
giveusakiss folds
martingal19 calls $1
Mondrigor folds
donkeidic folds
RacknStack calls $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $5
martingal19 calls $4
RacknStack folds
*** FLOP *** [9c 3c 2h]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $7.50
martingal19: nh
martingal19 raises to $80.60, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $73.10
martingal19 shows [Jd 9d]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Kh Kd]
*** TURN *** [9c 3c 2h] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [9c 3c 2h 5s] [8s]
martingal19 shows a pair of Nines
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a pair of Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($169.20) with a pair of Kings

*SS*

3 comments:

clutch227 said...

I love the "nh" before he shoves. Basically he knows he's getting snapped by every overpair, that overpairs are a huge part of your range, but fuck it I'm shoving. I lol'ed thinking about this guy limp calling ragged hands, flopping TP bad kicker, and shoving so many times that he just expects to stacked. I guess this is why we play poker.

Anonymous said...

Had a chance to watch your video and I thought it was great. It seemed like you raising and stealing more that I thought you would be based on the stats I have.

Have you ever thought of color coding the good shortstackers? It helps me with game selection.

SplitSuit said...

thnx! i play looser based on how many tables im playing...not in a way that is really out of character, but not the superTAG stats u prolly have me at.

i dont colorcode very well, mostly cuz the colorblind thing. ive just been tryying to remember who the good ones are. but i dont sit a table with 3+SSrs anyway...so its not a huge deal in general.