Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8 - Thought process?

The weeks going pretty well so far. I'm coaching like a damn machine. Picked up like 4 extra LeakFinder students and an extra 4 regular students....so I've been busy setting up initial sessions and then creating a full lesson plan for students. *phew* I have another 6 sessions left this week, and then right back to the hefty grind next week.

I think I am going down to FoxWoods again this weekend from Friday-Saturday, so if anyone wants to meet up, just give me a HU ahead of time. I have put a little bit of sessioning this week already, and hope to put in a few more hours of it before FW, but I am generally poker drained after hours of coaching. Talking + deep thinking for hours straight is tiring =)

So I have been doing some thinking about positive thinking, or better yet, ways to think NOT negatively. A big way I was noticing myself thinking negatively was comparing myself to other people, either in ways I could never be equal or to people that were just way ahead of where I am now. I used to get very angry when I would look at how well someone might run in comparison to me, or some advantage that someone luckboxed into that I felt I never would. I decided to look at this in a different way...in terms of what I call “metaPop” and “metaLife”...let me explain...

These are ways of looking at things in a very meta-sense, aka, not a small sample thing (either of people or events in your life) but rather lots of people or lots of events in your life. MetaPop is looking at you and your situation in terms of a large set of people (pop being short for population). For instance, I often feel that I run terrible at things involving luck. But, I also know many of my friends that run very well in luck scenarios often. So if I look at a normal distribution graph, I would be slightly on the left, while other people I know would fall slightly right side. This would create balance in the distribution and sample, and thus everything would be “fair”.

The other side of this is “metaLife”. This takes into account just yourself and your events. So graphing a normal distribution graph, I would put things like “family divorce” and “run bad” in the left side, but other things like “great childhood” and “healthy body” in the right side. I could plot lots of things, and generally find a balance. I think utilizing different thought frame works is a healthy way of viewing events/situations in life in a way that is easier to digest and process. Thoughts on this? It is my first time putting it on paper or really vocalizing it at all.

Enough rambling from me...but wanted to wish my GF luck with her first day back at college. Best of luck babygirl =)

Full Tilt Poker Game #9822644661: Table Crenshaw - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:42:08 ET - 2009/01/02
Seat 2: webfrost ($100)
Seat 3: sgtshultz ($128.75)
Seat 4: Marfrey ($153.15)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($107.65)
Seat 6: shaq1337 ($102.40)
Seat 7: stipey169 ($146.40)
Seat 8: JAMOZZ ($117.45)
Seat 9: STTACKEM BIG ($104.60)
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the small blind of $0.50
shaq1337 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [8c 8d]
stipey169 raises to $3
JAMOZZ folds
STTACKEM BIG folds
sgtshultz folds
Marfrey folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $2.50
shaq1337 folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 9d 9s]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
stipey169 bets $3.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $11
stipey169 raises to $27
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $104.65, and is all in
stipey169 has 15 seconds left to act
stipey169 has requested TIME
stipey169 folds
Uncalled bet of $77.65 returned to Its RIGGIGGITY
Its RIGGIGGITY mucks
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($58)

*SS*

No comments: