Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5 - Start of the month...

So 2009 is off! Sadly, I have begun running like 2008! O well, I'm sure at some point that thing called normalcy will happen! Very annoying, and made me realize that I enjoyed my effective 4 month vacation a ton. I really don't like running like this (for instance, I'm hitting a set 1/14 (as opposed to the normal 1/8.5) over my last 6.5hrs), and I am trying to alleviate the “victim's mentality” that is very common-place amongst poker players...but ack. However, unlike last year when I took a few months off, I am going to grind through this hard. Motivation is a great thing, and I have a ton of it right now.

I'm also a coaching maniac right now. I put up my coaching offer on 2p2 (re-vamped one from the one I put up about 5monts ago), and I have been getting a lot of interest. I will also be banging away with my range merging article more this week, and hopefully finishing it. It is also taking a bit longer because I am doing custom images to work with it which will help those who are visual learners (I know I am). On that same topic, I will also be making a video this week. So if you have anything you would like me to discuss in the vid, just give me a HU.

I also decided to go down to Foxwoods this weekend. I made the mistake of thinking it was a 45min drive there, and realized it was closer to an hour and a half (maintaining 80mph the whole way). I also hadn't been to Foxwoods in almost 2 years, so was surprised to see the poker room in a new place and also the size of it. Holy shit Foxwoods is huge, just huge. Got on a really soft table, but didn't run that great, and only walked with a small profit. I look forward to more live grinding to accompany my online grind...nice mix-up to say the least.

I also want to make some music this week. I haven't been making much lately and it's bothering me. I got my new headphones for a reason, so time to put them to use. I want to start at least 2 new songs, and have one finished one by the end of the month. And on that note, I'm going to crash out so I can get a good jump on this week.

PokerStars Game #23583828783: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2009/01/04 22:32:41 ET
Table 'Megaira X' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: paulc2403 ($75.70 in chips)
Seat 2: sunny8124657 ($26.90 in chips)
Seat 3: rhjh ($37.70 in chips)
Seat 4: monsterali ($49.50 in chips)
Seat 5: 7curse ($50.75 in chips)
Seat 6: glennf29 ($31.15 in chips)
Seat 8: bilsinho ($54.60 in chips)
Seat 9: ddppmm ($84.25 in chips)
monsterali: posts small blind $0.25
7curse: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Ad Kh]
glennf29: raises $0.50 to $1
bilsinho: calls $1
ddppmm: folds
paulc2403: folds
sunny8124657: folds
rhjh: calls $1
monsterali: folds
7curse: raises $25 to $26
glennf29: calls $25
bilsinho: folds
rhjh: folds
*** FLOP *** [4s Jh Qd]
7curse: bets $6
glennf29: calls $5.15 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [4s Jh Qd] [3s]
*** RIVER *** [4s Jh Qd 3s] [7c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
7curse: shows [Ad Kh] (high card Ace)
glennf29: shows [Jc Kd] (a pair of Jacks)
glennf29 collected $61.55 from pot

*SS*

1 comment:

SplitSuit said...

hes 87/52 and calls any/all raises pf with anything

=)

*SS*