Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19 - MLK-day report

Alright...the revamped site is up! WWW.SPLITSUIT.COM for those that don't check the blog through my site. Took me about 25hrs from start to finish because I suck at streamlining and it takes forever to customize a template that isn't friendly. I'm not 100% thrilled with some of the functionality...but it works enough at the moment until I decide to change it again =)

So finished that the other day and have been relaxing since. I did my first session in awhile tonight and might do another later and see if I can't make a video out of it. I desperately want to get a new vid on the site, so might just do another super LAG video (50vpip/20+pfr). We'll see what I feel like later. I took today off from coaching so I've been relaxing most of the day and just finishing up some emails. That is the odd thing with coaching, I probably spend 3x as many hours doing emails + IM's as I do actually coaching. But it makes it feel like a “real job” when you have 40+ emails to tend to daily.

Other than poker, I went to a party last night with the GF. However, the weather was atrocious. Boston got like 6-8in last night and we decided to drive through it. A 45min trip turned into 2hours in which we planned to stay there for the night and then come back in the morning. But the GF got super tired around 2a and the party wasn't going to die down for another few hours...so we decided to drive back home and stay there. Bad idea as it was snowing even worse and I was super tired (woke up at 9:30a that morning for coaching) and took another 2hrs to get home. Fun party none the less though, just sucked having to drive it out that way.

I plan on doing FoxWoods this weekend so if anyone will be there, give me a HU. And then on Monday I believe I am going to do the guest lecture at Carnegie Mellon. On that note, I realized that I have beaten the hell out of my poor car in the last year I've had it. (2 cross country trips and endless 5+hrs trips to random places) O well, it has been fun and I just hope the car last awhile longer because I love it.

I would like to finish my article this week and start one on table selection (combined should only take about 3hrs if I hustle). So fingers crossed I get that accomplished between my 14 coaching sessions and workouts. And on that note, I'm going to go setup my Xbox360 and fire up some Halo because I haven't played in almost 2 months. Enjoy the rest of your MLK day =)

PokerStars Game #24071069157: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2009/01/19 17:24:06 ET
Table 'Marfik' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: RuBenPoCoPrO ($50.75 in chips)
Seat 2: 7curse ($52.05 in chips)
Seat 3: playaz23 ($50 in chips)
Seat 4: js198 ($9.50 in chips)
Seat 5: m4dD!n86 ($50.75 in chips)
Seat 6: LokoIvan ($69.45 in chips)
Seat 7: gertrud16 ($11.50 in chips)
Seat 8: Ahmedk ($72.45 in chips)
Seat 9: AjAxkings ($110.95 in chips)
7curse: posts small blind $0.25
playaz23: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Kc Jh]
js198: folds
m4dD!n86: folds
LokoIvan: folds
gertrud16: folds
Ahmedk: folds
AjAxkings: folds
RuBenPoCoPrO: folds
7curse: raises $1 to $1.50
playaz23: calls $1
*** FLOP *** [7d Kh 3c]
7curse: bets $1.50
playaz23: raises $2.50 to $4
7curse: calls $2.50
*** TURN *** [7d Kh 3c] [9d]
7curse: checks
playaz23: bets $7
7curse: calls $7
*** RIVER *** [7d Kh 3c 9d] [Th]
7curse: checks
playaz23: bets $12
7curse: calls $12
*** SHOW DOWN ***
playaz23: shows [6d 4c] (high card King)
7curse: shows [Kc Jh] (a pair of Kings)
7curse collected $46.65 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $49 | Rake $2.35

*SS*

2 comments:

James P McAteer said...

I love this hand. I played two just like it last night and has been a total revelation that villains will bluff off so bad and even river shove when you check call to the river.

PS - love your stox video series. It has totally changed my way of playing. I am playing 2/5 & 5/10 NL FR on pokerstars. One thing I have found is that with a hand like AK which misses the flop half pot size bets almost never get villains to fold on the flop. So I started to experimented with 3/4 sized CBs which seems to be more effective - unless they have bottom pair - cause they are never folding!!!!

Looking forward to your next videos.

SplitSuit said...

glad u liked the vids, and even happier you got something out of them =)

I am hopefully making some vids for Feb...we'll see what the schedule looks like from Stox's side though.

Incase you haven't...u might want to give my Poohbah on betsizing a read.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/poohbah-bet-sizing-thinking-about-value-325157/

...might help give your CB (1/2 v 3/4) analysis a lil more backing.

enjoy!

*SS*