Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17 - Revamping my site

Quick update because I'm exhausted as hell and need some sleep. I have spent an insane amount of hours in the last 3 days getting my new site finished up. I decided I wanted a brighter look to the site and also wanted something that I feel is set up a bit better. At first look there will be very little difference except for page addys and color...but for me to make changes, it will be much easier.

However, for anyone that has every done a full website, they understand what a pain in the ass it is. I haven't figured out a way to streamline changing the header links + side links on all pages at the same time, so I have to manually change 30+ pages which gets insanely tiring and obnoxious...all this after spending around 20 hours digging through templates and then customizing until satisfied.

Alright, enough complaining about things I chose to do... The revamped site should be up by Monday at the latest as I hope to finish it on Saturday and test it by Sunday (so if you notice the site is acting odd...that is why). I have been coaching like a fiend the last few days (I feel I always say this, but then again, I feel I am getting more and more action right now) and did my first 4session day on Thursday. Feels good to be spending a lot of hours doing work related stuff though sadly I won't be able to do Foxwoods this weekend. I will be there next weekend though when my schedule is a tad more open.

Hope all is well with everyone, and instead of a hand I will leave you with a screen-shot of the new site:



*SS*

No comments: