Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26 - Hero is confused

So I'm in between coaching sessions and figured I would write up a quick blog post. This weekend was fairly good. Did a coaching session on Friday and then headed down to FoxWoods. My dumbass has to stop leaving at 4p in the afternoon...I always catch Boston traffic, and then lucky me, I catch RI traffic as well! My goal is to leave no later than 3p for now on...so that should help me not get tilty before I even start my session, lol.

Did a long session on Friday before calling it quits. I did quite a bit table jumping just trying to find a really good table. I actually got on a table where about 3-4 people were openly discussing ranging and proper extraction strategies. I was shocked and tried my best not to join in the discussion before leaving the table. Sadly, my ideal game would be one where I could have in depth strategy and theory discussion while playing with idiots...it's an impossible game to find (for obvious reasons), but it would make the time spent at the table that much more enjoyable =)

Made a little bit of money (a lil more than a BI), but lost a bigger pot at the end and decided to rack up (88 v A5hh v Q7 on a 8h Qh 4x Ax board, river 7h obviously). I really wish I could hit a draw, or fade draws...not never hit a draw and never fade a draw. I can't wait for that day! I did get to play with my fair share of idiots, and got to run some fun plays (a double float and a triple barrel)...so I enjoyed my time overall. I decided to go home after my session though because I wasn't feeling well, and ended up catching this mini-flu which I am currently working through...it's not fun.

I'm going to go take a quick nap before my next session...hope all is well with y'all

Hand 1/2NL Foxwoods

Villain $200
Hero $350

Villain is an idiot and is now upset with me. I have needled him without breaking a smile so he cannot tell if I really am insulting him or being nice. Either way he is confused which means supreme idiocy will soon ensue.

(7 handed) Villain raises to $12 from UTG, Hero raises to $34 next to act with AA, folds around and Villain calls.

Flop: ($71 – 2 players) Td 3h 6c

Villain shoves $166, Hero snap calls

Turn: ($403 – 2 players) 9c

River: ($403 – 2 players) Qh

Villain shows KT (pair of Tens)
Hero shows AA (pair of Aces)

Hero wins $399 pot

Villain says “I knew he was going to try to push me off my hand...I KNEW IT!"
Villain sits out
Hero is confused

*SS*

2 comments:

Kurt said...

You hear often, "not everyone plays poker for the same reasons." The second part of that saying, that Angel Largay discusses clearly in his book, is to find out what they want out of playing, then give it to them. The unspoken third part, is of course that you play for money.

So he won the "confused" game. You made him confused. That made him uncomfortable. He didn't like. So he turned the tables and made you confused! Score one point for villain!

Of course, he gave you his stack in the process.

Find out what they want, and give it to them. If they're they're for camaraderie, they can be trained. Talk garrulously as they fold and let you take small pots. When they take a pot from you, cut them off. Don't even respond to a question, just be a stone. They will want you to talk again. And you will... just as soon as they lose a pot to you.

Sound cruel? Maybe, buy why ARE you playing poker?

SplitSuit said...

"Sound cruel? Maybe, buy why ARE you playing poker?"

ummm...to make friends and lose money at a rate that is only slightly slower than investing in today's market.

isn't everyone? =P

*SS*