Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11 - FWeekend

Got back from FoxWoods a little while ago and I am exhausted. Drove down after my Friday coaching sessions and put in an 8 hour session, slept for a few hours, then put in another 8 hour session on Sat morning-afternoon. I decided to cut out early and drive back to Boston to beat the snow which was a few hours behind me (and I kick myself for leaving early when the few extra hours at the table would have been very profitable). O well, better safe than sorry I suppose and I ended up making it back to Boston in about 1:25, which isn't bad time at all.

Friday's session was saucy. Opened a table at about 6p with a whole bunch of younger guys (generally my favorite type of live table is one with 30-50yr olds, younger generally means slightly better)...so I was considering a table change quickly. But the table was pretty loose from the get-go and average pot was hovering around $85 which isn't terrible at 1/2NL. Ran pretty badly (AA < QQ ai on XXX flop, AA < TT aipf) and decided to take a quick food break. Came back and a very aggro Asian had just sat.

He was quite fun, raising every pot (opening to $12, raising limpers to $35+) and just jabbering away. The table was having fits trying to adjust and finally 2 of the people left while loudly saying “what the fuck!??! you raise every hand!!! this is not poker!!!”. It was made even funnier because the Asian knew exactly what he was doing and was even commenting during hands he was in what HE would call with if he were his opponent (Asian stabs for $150 into $125 on T8342 and he says “I'd call with Khi+/any pair...maaaaaaaaaaybe QJ”) and of course always give good advice =). Of course, for the entire 2hr span he was there, I woke up with 66 as my best hand, not a single top10% hand, and no chance at all of making a dollar from him.

Saturday wasn't bad and the table was pretty solid. People thought I was a loose idiot because I would squeeze hands and show something other than KK/AA. Of course, not a single hand I could use this image for, so I just sit there doing nothing for a few hours. Finally get it aipf AQ v 84o and lose...then rack up and leave to beat the snow. Made a few bucks this trip, but very annoying to say the least. I calculated that I missed out on about $650-$900 in equity, not factoring in hitting only 1 set and 1 draw the whole time. O well...

Quick site update...MpimpjuiceM wrote a really solid article for the site and I just put it up today. check it out and feel free to give feedback in comments if you would like. I think it gives a really nice insight to the introduction of ranging and also some OOP play using the ranging skill-set. Give it a read and hopefully you get something out of it =)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Full Tilt Poker Game #9925430203: Table Westcliff - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:17:30 ET - 2009/01/08
Seat 1: BlowYourTop ($58.80)
Seat 2: espen49549 ($20)
Seat 3: CricriFT ($11.90)
Seat 4: jprice_123 ($17.55)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 6: Gerrard37 ($64.20)
Seat 7: osiris369 ($48.85)
Seat 8: micah323 ($25.10)
Seat 9: Aggi21 ($10.55)
jprice_123 posts the small blind of $0.25
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Th 8h]
Gerrard37 folds
osiris369 folds
micah323 folds
Aggi21 folds
BlowYourTop raises to $1.50
jprice_123 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $1
*** FLOP *** [9s As 5h]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
BlowYourTop bets $3
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $7.90
BlowYourTop raises to $12.80
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $48.50, and is all in
BlowYourTop has 15 seconds left to act
BlowYourTop folds
Uncalled bet of $35.70 returned to Its RIGGIGGITY
Its RIGGIGGITY mucks
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($27.45)

*SS*