Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31 - Year-end

So this will be my last update of the year. Ended out the year far below what I had initially expected. But the games also got insanely tougher and I ended up taking a lot of time off for one reason or another. So, I survived while making some money, had some fun, and onwards with life we go.

Before we go any further, I just wanted to say thank you (and I suppose “your welcome” as well =) ) to a recent blog post by Mpimp. I'm glad I was able to help him through coaching and glad it has made his life, and family's, better. So cheers to you Mpimp, and best of luck in '09 =)

The last few days have been the best kind of hectic. I ended up picking up around 3 more students, doing at least 1 coaching session per day, have spent a lot of time with my dad, lots of time with my GF, and have been having fun. I haven't put in more than 1 real session since I've been home, but I'm on pace to get started again next week. I have also seen quite a few movies recently, although I will admit I regret seeing the Benjamen Button movie. There was a lot of death in the movie, and I was already in a sad mood thinking about my brother. There was a very sad line “we have to lose everyone at some point, otherwise, how would we know how much that person meant to us?”...and although very well done movie imo, I wasn't ready for that . But I also saw Valkyre and 7lbs, and will say I enjoyed both of those a lot.

I've also been writing an article for my site. It's coming along slowly but surely, but the example I am currently writing on is a bit intense and I think I might scrap it to find a more everyday example. The article is on range merging and will go over the basics of how to use it and implement it profitably in your game. I know many people mention it, but so far as I've seen, there really isn't much written on it. So I will go over that a bit and hopefully have that done within the month.

Other than that, life is breezy. I am very thankful for the year I've had. I've learned massive amounts of information this year, and hope to be able to say that every year until I die. I will write up a goal list for 2009 as a whole and January probably tomorrow. I believe I am going to a party with my GF tonight, so hopefully that goes well. Hope all is well with everyone, take it safe, and best of luck in 2009.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3918833464: Table Old Harbor - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:51:48 ET - 2007/10/21
Seat 1: fadrus ($111.20)
Seat 2: TheSnake-28 ($125.60)
Seat 4: Its RIGGIGGITY ($100)
Seat 5: eaglebob ($37.45)
Seat 6: mliang ($119.95)
Seat 7: caaashier ($152.10)
Seat 8: MTDHT ($101)
Seat 9: Xelpho ($118.05)
TheSnake-28 posts the small blind of $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY has 5 seconds left to act
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [5d 6s]
eaglebob calls $1
mliang folds
caaashier folds
MTDHT folds
Xelpho calls $1
fadrus folds
TheSnake-28 calls $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
*** FLOP *** [5c 5s 4s]
TheSnake-28 checks
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $3
eaglebob folds
Xelpho calls $3
TheSnake-28 folds
*** TURN *** [5c 5s 4s] [6c]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $8
Xelpho raises to $24
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $64
Xelpho raises to $114.05, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $32, and is all in
*** RIVER *** [5c 5s 4s 6c] [Ad]
Xelpho shows [5h Ah] for a full house, Fives full of Aces
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [5d 6s] for a full house, Fives full of Sixes
Xelpho wins the pot ($199) with a full house, Fives full of Aces

*SS*

No comments: