Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8 - Moving soon

So I am moving for sure. Not 100% sure where yet, but I know it will be in the Boston area. I want to be closer to the GF, and also closer to my family. I think my dad needs me around more than he leads on, and I want to be good to the family. I think I'm leaving in like a week or so, so until then it will be a little stressful. I'm also looking into getting a new car before I leave because now is a great time to refinance anything, and even better to get new things! I will probably still get a jeep, but who knows, maybe I'll see if anything else strikes my fancy.

Did my video for Stox tonight which felt good. Put in a nice session at 50nl and had a fun variancecoaster. KK<99 aipf, 35ss>AK aipf, guy calls my pf 4b with 63ss, very LOL. So had a winning session, I put together what I feel is a solid video on table selection + my 50nl session. This video series is cool in that it incorporates both live session and classroom style. My first video of the series gets released today (the 8th), so check it out if you haven't already...and please rate it!

Also did 2 live sessions this weekend, and holy God, actually pulled a profit each night. Did both nights at the Venetian, because I love that poker room more than anything. For some odd reason I got on good tables both nights as well. I've been noticing a few things about the room...for one, the average size of an open raise has dropped considerably over the last 2 months (from $15 to about $7). Secondly, the number of games running has dropped (might be due to economy, off-season, or both). Third, less spewfish that constantly reload. Might be small sample size (I think only about 150hours of live), but still interesting to see first hand.

Life will be getting a tad stressful over the next little while, but I'm just here to enjoy the everlasting adventure that life is. And of course, a hand (and against a student too =/ ):

Full Tilt Poker Game #9379494135: Table Block - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:46:51 ET - 2008/12/07
Seat 1: treborii ($36.55)
Seat 2: kwriter ($38.45)
Seat 3: dowork14 ($111.55)
Seat 4: MrsPauls ($51.60)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 6: jaguarevo1 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 7: maplesf ($21.30)
Seat 8: Journeyman54 ($63.30)
Seat 9: 4Gooner4 ($30.75)
MrsPauls posts the small blind of $0.25
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [3h 5h]
maplesf folds
Journeyman54 folds
4Gooner4 folds
treborii folds
kwriter folds
dowork14 folds
MrsPauls calls $0.25
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $1.50
MrsPauls raises to $6
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $20
MrsPauls raises to $51.60, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $30, and is all in
MrsPauls shows [As Ks]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [3h 5h]
*** FLOP *** [5c 5s 8h]
*** TURN *** [5c 5s 8h] [3s]
*** RIVER *** [5c 5s 8h 3s] [8c]
MrsPauls shows two pair, Eights and Fives
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a full house, Fives full of Eights
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($97) with a full house, Fives full of Eights

*SS*

6 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

Lorin Yelle said...

Hey, if you will be in Boston, I am visiting Mass in a couple of weeks and will be spending some time at Foxwoods. Care to join?

SplitSuit said...

100%. what are you going to Mass for? (and where in MA? it's a big ass state =) )

*SS*

Lorin Yelle said...

My family lives in the Springfield area, so I will be going there after Christmas till 1/3.

SplitSuit said...

works for me. I'll be either in the southshore or in Boston...not sure which yet. you getting a room? or just car crashing?

i might b up for chopping a room for a few days (so i can mix in coaching + online grind during live grind, ldo)

Lorin Yelle said...

I think I will be spending the night there with my dad and a couple of his friends. You think you can definitely make it out that way? I'll tell you what- the first round is on me. Since you are Irish, I know you like the bottle!