Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17 - Trip Update

Ok...update from the last few days:

Leave Vegas at about 1:30a PST on Sunday night/Monday morning. Get tired within about 45 minutes, which is very LOL pathetic, and decide I best take a NoDoz + Redbull to get going. Really good idea because about 6 hours later I'm still cranked. Drive through Arizona and finally hit Utah when the sun is coming up. Very pretty state for the first 20 minutes, before the boredom sets in and you realize there is nothing but mountains for the next 5 hours.

Finally get into Colorado and enjoy that scenery a ton. Very serene with all the snow along the mountains. Made me look forward to winter in Boston so I can get some snowboarding done. I finally realize that the likely reason my car busted last time in CO was because I was using cruise control in the mountains. Now taking 70 (or 76?) through CO takes you literally winding through the mountain side, which means constant grade changes (going from +6 to -6). If you are using cruise control there, the car is unnaturally trying to maintain a speed while burning the low and high side of that gear.

Needless to say, I drove without cruise control. And although it was a little sad that I could only do 40mph going uphill, at least I got through with no issue. Got to northern CO by about 7p, and decided to crash out, so I pulled off to a rest stop. However, I soon realized it was -10*F outside, and that sleeping in that would be hellish. So I grabbed a quick hotel room, crashed out, and started back on the road at about 5aCST.

Drove through the rest of CO, then got into Nebraska. Nice state, but about ½ way through the weather got bad. I am driving right behind that hellish weather pattern that is bringing snow everywhere. So from Nebraska to Chicago, IL, was just terrible. Also got caught in some Des Moines, Iowa traffic during all that, so I got a tad tilty. But got through it, and am now spending a day in Chicago, seeing some friends, then back on the road tomorrow nice and early. Hopefully I will get to Turning Stone tomorrow, so if anyone is playing there Thursday-Friday, let me know and I'd be happy to grab some Emerald with ya =)

So about 24 hours of driving done (about 1.5K miles) and about 20 (1.3K miles) left. Wish me luck =)

Hope all is well with everyone, and of course, a hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5208473248: Table Revere - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:43:57 ET - 2008/02/11
Seat 1: Narena ($246.55)
Seat 2: bangnine ($208)
Seat 3: pecka ($38)
Seat 4: ConanBarbarian ($296.80)
Seat 5: AMHotStuff ($131.75)
Seat 6: gravity1234 ($324.60)
Seat 7: Class V ($200)
Seat 8: Its RIGGIGGITY ($425.45)
Seat 9: mariojr ($547.30)
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the small blind of $1
mariojr is sitting out
Narena posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [8h Ah]
bangnine folds
pecka folds
ConanBarbarian folds
AMHotStuff folds
gravity1234 calls $2
Class V folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $1
Narena checks
*** FLOP *** [Th 9h Js]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
Narena bets $4
gravity1234 calls $4
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $4
*** TURN *** [Th 9h Js] [7d]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $12
Narena raises to $24
gravity1234 raises to $75
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $63
Narena folds
*** RIVER *** [Th 9h Js 7d] [4d]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
gravity1234 bets $80
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $80
*** SHOW DOWN ***
gravity1234 shows [Qd Kc] a straight, King high
Its RIGGIGGITY mucks
gravity1234 wins the pot ($349) with a straight, King high

*SS*

1 comment:

Lorin Yelle said...

Pass through the Ville!