Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 10 - Good stuff...

So interesting last couple of days. My Stox video got pushed back by a day (there was a video release mix-up, and Tuesday's video went on Monday and vice versa), but it all worked out. It seems to be liked by most people (had my first real negative response to a video, but only from one person, so I'm not really worried about it). I suggest checking it out if you are a Stox member (or getting a Stox memebership which can be free if you play on FTP), it's the first part of “Kiss The Ring” series, and I play 25nl in it. Enjoy!

I also put in a session the other day, and a session tonight. Actually decided to play 100nl and play less tables tonight. Partly because one of my videos for this series will be a 100nl session and I wanted to get accustomed to game flow/sizes again, and partly because I figured if I was going to be cutting down how many tables I was playing I should play a bit higher (I'm rolled for 100nl on-line, so it wasn't an issue). Session went well, though I was surprised that statistically I ran much tighter than normal (13/10) even with less tables...small sample though, so I will keep an eye on that.

I also got invited to be part of a poker lecture in January. I think it will be a cool experience, and I believe the class size is pretty large. For some odd reason I'm not nervous at all because poker is one of those topics I am 100% comfortable talking about. So I get to talk about bet sizing maximization and also do a Q&A...so it should be a good experience for sure. Who would have thought that poker would lead to doing guest lectures?

Also meant to go car shopping this morning, but slept through it, and then slept through lunch, and then slept through dinner. My sleep schedule is absolute garbage, crashing out around 8a and waking up around 6p. I really need a better sleep schedule. So tonight I am going to try and get a good nights sleep, do car shopping, then get home in time for 2 students. Hurray coaching! I am not really sure how car shopping will go, or even if I want a new car, but I figure why not check it out? On that same note, I have not yet figured out where I am living in Boston yet, but am constantly looking/emailing/and calling...so hopefully when I get home I can check a few places in person and do what I need to do. Wish me luck!

That's enough for now. And of course, a hand before I crash:

Full Tilt Poker Game #9380174960: Table Houlton - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:28:52 ET - 2008/12/07
Seat 1: Fletch182 ($58.35)
Seat 2: Its RIGGIGGITY ($51.75)
Seat 3: Dog_bluffer ($50.75)
Seat 4: brewpalmer ($17.15)
Seat 5: Menion87 ($8.50)
Seat 6: NinjaSnipr ($73.85)
Seat 7: deebo-chips ($53.30)
Seat 8: EMUPOKERDUDE ($11.50)
Seat 9: player2321 ($22.05)
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the small blind of $0.25
Dog_bluffer posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Ah 2h]
brewpalmer folds
Menion87 folds
NinjaSnipr folds
deebo-chips folds
EMUPOKERDUDE folds
player2321 folds
Fletch182 folds
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $1.50
Dog_bluffer raises to $5.25
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $12.50
Dog_bluffer calls $7.25
*** FLOP *** [2c 3s 2d]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
Dog_bluffer checks
*** TURN *** [2c 3s 2d] [Ad]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $15
Dog_bluffer calls $15
*** RIVER *** [2c 3s 2d Ad] [4h]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets $24.25, and is all in
Dog_bluffer calls $23.25, and is all in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ah 2h] a full house, Twos full of Aces
Dog_bluffer mucks [3d 6d] - two pair, Threes and Twos
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($98.50) with a full house, Twos full of Aces

*SS*

7 comments:

JH1 said...

lol at that hand. I need to find more players like this to play against.

What is the significance of the title of the Stox series? I watched the classroom half so far and didn't really pick up on it. Just curious where the inspiration for that came from... Great video so far btw.

SplitSuit said...

no real significance for the title. just thought it was different and had "ring" in it =)

thnx for enjoying!

*SS*

NL100-NL1k said...

i <3 Kiss The Ring. u are a machine ;) Im waiting second part :D

SplitSuit said...

Thnx DveGa! Glad you are enjoying it. New video every Monday of the month from me =)

*SS*

Reasons14 said...

A2= my fav hand
glad to hear things are going good for you.

SplitSuit said...

Thnx. hopefully u dont fail that class =)

Anonymous said...

At least villain didn't disappoint you based on his name. =P