Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6 - My ironic name

So my GF and I are broken up. Very odd since I haven't been single for over a year at this point. Doing pretty well with the whole thing right now, but not really putting in sessions because of it. Have been doing all my coaching but just relaxing afterwards and doing some introspection. At least my vacation to Florida is well timed =)

I met up with one of my students on Thursday night to grab dinner before we hit up a homegame. The game was through the back side of an Italian bar and had about 7 tables. It really felt like my freshman year games playing on non-felted tables and having to deal yourself. Was a very softgame in a pretty decent atmosphere, but alas I get action never when I have a hand and catch 2nd best like it's my job. *sigh* ...Good times and nice company...so had fun for sure.

I also need to finish my Stox video. I have it outlined, now I just need to record it, edit it, and pump it over to Stox. I am locking myself in my office until I am done. So hopefully I am done around 2a. It's an hour long video on betsizing...so fingers crossed that it's easy as pie!

Also got my new laptop from FTP a few days back. It is awesome! Decided to go buy HEM instead of PT3 for this computer because PT3 has become my new enemy. In love with it so far and was amazed that it imported ~1M hands in less than 8hrs. Haven't put in a new session on my computer yet...but I look forward to it and probably will when I'm down in Florida. Speaking of that I told a student I was going (he's from England) and he claimed a vacation to FL is better than a vacation to Europe. Where I feel the exact opposite solely because of relative location. Perspective is a funny thing.

And on that note, I'm gonna go finish my pizza and pump this video out. Hope all is well!

PokerStars Game #24544107552: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2009/02/02 22:19:21 ET
Table 'Beagle II' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: joshil3 ($50 in chips)
Seat 2: 7curse ($50 in chips)
Seat 3: gokings1 ($42.25 in chips)
Seat 4: tolmen617 ($55.70 in chips)
Seat 5: LayerCake31 ($51.65 in chips)
Seat 6: jiacstrap ($58.70 in chips)
Seat 7: DaVinci27 ($96 in chips)
Seat 8: bewrong ($15.55 in chips)
Seat 9: bethewill ($36.05 in chips)
gokings1: posts small blind $0.25
tolmen617: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [4d 4h]
LayerCake31: calls $0.50
jiacstrap: raises $1.50 to $2
DaVinci27: folds
bewrong: calls $2
bethewill: folds
joshil3: calls $2
7curse: calls $2
gokings1: folds
tolmen617: folds
LayerCake31: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [Qs 2s 2d]
LayerCake31: checks
jiacstrap: checks
bewrong: checks
joshil3: checks
7curse: bets $5.10
LayerCake31: calls $5.10
jiacstrap: folds
bewrong: folds
joshil3: folds
*** TURN *** [Qs 2s 2d] [7h]
LayerCake31: bets $3
7curse: calls $3
*** RIVER *** [Qs 2s 2d 7h] [Ks]
LayerCake31: bets $4
7curse: raises $35.90 to $39.90 and is all-in
LayerCake31: folds
Uncalled bet ($35.90) returned to 7curse
7curse collected $33.30 from pot
7curse: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $34.95 | Rake $1.65

*SS*

3 comments:

DataKid said...

Good read & ofcourse good luck with everything

Check my blog, I got a pretty solid brag imo

Lorin Yelle said...

Yeah, the grind can be tough on relationships...

Anonymous said...

NH, I play alot with Layer Cake and I think he'll have a mid pair there quite a bit.