Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25 - OMG I'm grinding

So I've been keeping pretty busy lately. Actually started grinding again which feels lovely. Only putting in an hour or three per night, but better than the zero hours I've been putting in due to complacency and being busy with other things. Today I started writing my book which also feels lovely. I have been meaning to get to this book for some time but today felt very motivated. I cannot go into details as to what the book is about (when released it will make sense why), but it should be received quite well.

I have a Stox video coming out next week that I have been prepping and well probably record and finalize on Friday. I am doing a “Critical Analysis” video in which I go through people's hands and talk about them and related variables rather than having people watch me play. This video should prove to be very helpful and be a nice follow up to the betsizing and theory video I had released a few weeks back. I am also going to try to get some more videos made for them like 100%vpip, a video focused strictly on LP play, and a few other video concepts I have. I also need to get a video or article done for my site soon...so just another thing to add to my goal sheet =)

I have been focusing on getting out of my house more. The worst thing about this job imo is that it is so solitary. It seems like an awesome thing for those that hate the people in their office (and I suppose in that respect, it is), but it is very taxing not having the socializing aspect. I did a preliminary phone call with a perspective student last night and he asked me why I wanted to get into the corporate world (when he was considering poker to get OUT of the corporate world)...and the real reason is the socializing and resume gap. Both are huge to me and set me up for a more productive future. Although, I suppose running your own business at 22 isn't bad for the resume gap, but people tend to look at it through odd eyes.

Well I'm going to get back to writing and then I have a student and then dinner plans in Boston. I will leave you with both a hand and a music video. The video is a cover of the Massive Attack song “Teardrop”. This dude is incredibly talented and the song is sick in and of itself. Enjoy!



(was really hoping he would blush the river given my gay-bet...o well)

PokerStars Game #25211771644: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2009/02/21 22:27:14 ET
Table 'Sirius II' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: yhavenames ($46.05 in chips)
Seat 2: En1gma 23 ($56 in chips)
Seat 3: raytusaw ($18.75 in chips)
Seat 4: bosoxx14 ($18.15 in chips)
Seat 5: sawns ($46.95 in chips)
Seat 7: 7curse ($77.40 in chips)
Seat 8: virulin ($36 in chips)
Seat 9: uglyowl ($56.65 in chips)
raytusaw: posts small blind $0.25
bosoxx14: posts big blind $0.50
ATACANTOS: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Kh Ah]
sawns: folds
7curse: raises $1 to $1.50
virulin: folds
uglyowl: calls $1.50
yhavenames: folds
En1gma 23: folds
raytusaw: folds
bosoxx14: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qd 3d 6h]
7curse: bets $2
uglyowl: raises $3.50 to $5.50
7curse: raises $8.50 to $14
uglyowl: calls $8.50
*** TURN *** [Qd 3d 6h] [Ts]
7curse: checks
uglyowl: checks
*** RIVER *** [Qd 3d 6h Ts] [Kc]
7curse: bets $1.25
uglyowl: calls $1.25
*** SHOW DOWN ***
7curse: shows [Kh Ah] (a pair of Kings)
uglyowl: mucks hand
7curse collected $32.65 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $34.25 | Rake $1.60

*SS*

3 comments:

NC said...

This video reminds me a bit of Yoav. Don't know if you've heard of him or heard what he does. Dude amazes me. He does really crazy stuff with just an acoustic guitar and some sampling tools.

Here are 2 very good songs by Yoav (imo anyway)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EIEH17FFwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W3fpuhliMw

His music seems very simple and yet he creates really interesting moody soundscapes in my opinion. Anyway, one of my new discoveries that I've really been enjoying lately!

SplitSuit said...

fucking A...great suggestion sir. I like this a lot!

*SS*

Anonymous said...

I work from home and I agree, the lack of social interaction takes some getting used to!

I find myself taking a trip to the supermarket just to see other people, instead of names on MSN at the like!