Friday, February 13, 2009

February 13 - Did Disney

The last few days have been awesome. Just lounging down here in Florida, relaxing, and soaking up 80* weather. I love warm weather and am amazed at how quickly my body adjusts to warm temps (and conversely, how terribly my body adjusts to cold). The only thing that sucks about warm weather, and this is a small gripe if any, is that my jewelry (ring + watch) are sized for cool/mild weather, and get uncomfortably tight in heat. O well...a small price to pay.

I spent Tuesday doing yardwork for most of the day. Which seems like it would suck on vacation, but it was nice to get out in the nice weather, sweat a bit, and get some stuff accomplished. Ended up sore as all hell the next morning, and my lower back is still shot, but at least the yard looks good. I finished it up on Wednesday after a few students during the day, so my outdoor chores are done for the week!

Picked my dad up from the airport on Tuesday as well because we took separate flights down here. Turns out my GPS hates FL and it forced me to drive almost 20min out of the way before finally correcting its path to the airport. Stupid GPS. Got home, played hours of Wii bowling, and just relaxed. One thing I love about family get togethers is insane amounts of good food and also hours of Wii bowling (in which I am currently trying to perfect my “bowl from the recliner while not standing up” technique).

Woke up retardedly early on Thursday to go to Disney (I think it's the first time I've seen 6a waking up for almost 8mo). It was my grandma's birthday (turned 80, yikes!), so we went to Epcot to start the day out (with dad + aunt Kathy). Did Soaring, Test Track, and some other ride before scooting over to MGM (or more recently named “Hollywood”) Studios and doing Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith ride. Not a bad day at all, though it took us almost 2 hours to get from Epcot to MGM because we missed a few boats and never really hustled at all. O well, vacation is all about relaxing and taking your time =) Also got some pix on my iPhone because it's the only camera I wanted to bring with me...so I have some cool shots to remember the trip by (even though I'm going back to Disney next week with my little cousin)

I have a coaching session in the morning and then have to go pick up my cousin (another James) before coming back to do more cleaning (mostly inside stuff, which has a high % chance of being done before I even get home). Also, my new video comes out on Stox tomorrow (Poker University video on bet sizing and bet theory)...so be sure to check that our if you are a Stox member. Hope all is well with everyone!

(Some pix of the day):


*SS*

No comments: