Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1 - Highway drivers...

So FoxWoods was a terrible trip. I am sick of bitching about running bad, I know I am left side of luck and maybe someday that will change, but for now...I'm just content being there. Ended up down a few BI's and am still waiting for that session where I hit hands, hold a few times, fade a few draws, and enjoy a lovely session. I did find it funny that I played with a dude I knew from Cuse who reads the blog (thanks for not blowing up my spot =) )...but other than that...was pretty damn uneventful for over 15hrs of play.

On my way down, and then again back up, I made a list of 8 things I dislike when driving on the highway (or “motorway” for those across the sea):

1.) People that don't use blinkers:

Seriously, it really isn't that hard to flick the stick on the left side of your wheel. Does it take that much energy just to signal your intent so I, and the other people around you, can have a damn clue as to what you're doing? It is so annoying watching dumbasses cut me off at a whim and being way unprepared for it.

2.) “OMG, there is a cop pulling someone over up ahead!”:

I understand seeing a cop with his lights on makes us all slow up a bit...it's natural. But when flow traffic changes from 75mph to 45mph (on a 65mph road) because there is a cop 1mi up ahead...it's insane. If traffic is flowing...a cop will not pull people over. They don't have enough paper to give tickets to everyone going the same damn speed. Idiots.

3.) Brake riders:

Wtf is it with people that just constantly tap their brakes? We are going 70mph...you don't need to keep tapping your damn brakes...If I'm unsure if you are brake riding or have your flashers on...there is an issue with your brain and driving skills.

4.) Fast slow people:

Ok...there is a 2 lane highway and the person in the right lane is going 65mph and the left lane is flowing at 75mph. DO NOT PASS THE PERSON BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GO 66mph. It will take your dumbass about 4 minutes to complete the pass, all the while slowing shit up for no reason.

5.) Trucks:

I hate you for oh so many reasons. One being that you create a wind pressure that causes my car to slightly waver. Another is that you have a blindspot comparable to that of a 400lb dude. Another...is that you for some odd reason cannot maintain a speed that is anywhere near acceptable. Another is that you think you are supposed to be in any lane BUT the right one. Get your slow stupid ass in the right lane, stay there, and don't break #4 either

6.) Poor planners:

So if poker has taught me anything other than how to endure long periods of the worst and train your psyche to be dead to anything involving luck...it is how to plan. So when I see a 3 lane highway get congested with dumbasses trying to make a 2 lane cross to make their exit that is in a 1/4mile...I get furious. Because that cross now backs up everyone...and it's not just you doing it...it is 80 other morons like you. Seriously...know which lane you need to be in, and get there a mile or so ahead of time...don't be retarded.

7.) Women multitasking:

it amazes me that women are better multi-taskers than men...and yet when faced with the task to drive and do anything else simultaneously...they fail like a paraplegic in a hula hoop contest. Seriously...if you can't talk on your phone, do your makeup, or change the radio station without endangering other people's lives...don't do them while driving!

8.) People that merge on without looking:

Hi...if I am driving on the highway and you are trying to get onto the highway...I, not you, have the right of way. This means you do not cut me off. This means if you are going to merge on...you better be doing at least 60mph by that time. This means that if you cut me off while going 40mph and then give me the finger when you get honked at...I have the right to stomp your ass at the next reststop.



That is all. Cheers to a new month!

*SS*

5 comments:

James P McAteer said...

tilt!

Anonymous said...

9. People that pass in the right lane.

Everyone is cruising the left lane trying to get by 66 MPH guy after he finally pulls over, but one hero thinks he can pass six of the fast lane cars by pulling into the right lane, gunning it, then cutting someone off by squeezing in before he rear-ends 66 MPH guy. Brake, brake, brake, brake, brake, finger, finger back, etc.

DataKid said...

breath..... (;

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that the driver merging onto the expressway has the right of way. You HAVE to accommodate by allowing them to get on.

SplitSuit said...

that is very wrong in the USA. The highway traffic has the right of way and people merging on the highway must yield.

Now, that doesn't mean highway people should "pin" the person if possible, but the in the legal sense, the mergers are responsible for yielding

*SS*