Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21 - Back in Boston

So this week has flown by. Got back to Boston on Wednesday and have been grinding since. Getting back was horrible as I walked right into snowfall (although minimal) while I was wearing shorts. My body gets used to warm weather very quickly, so this 30* nonsense needs to stop as it's very un-enjoyable.

The flight wasn't bad if you take away a screaming child who's parents might have been deaf, retarded, or possibly both. Seriously, if your child is screaming at the top of their lungs, on an airplane of all places...silence the damn thing. But thankfully I had enough volume left in my iPod to drown out the screamer...but I really wanted to punch those parents in the mouth.

I realized how much I love sleep while I was on vacation. I was getting like 4hrs/night as I would have to wake up at like 7a to get moving for the day. I am still trying to get back on a sleep schedule that makes up for all the hours I missed, but it's failing miserably. Hopefully I'll catch up this weekend and be back on track for next week.

So I'm back on my coaching grind. Averaging about 3hrs/day and I'm putting more playtime back on my plate as well. I've been pretty lazy this year and really want to start getting more hours in. But for now I am loving the coaching thing like usual. Since reading some more about coaching/teaching methodologies I feel I am taking an even stronger approach. I also got my first student for SS-ing, so I look forward to that as it is my first one (though I've written the lesson plan in the past, and am very prepared for it).

Also got my dog back today. I haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks (I left him with my ex while I was on vacation) and he was as excited to see me as I was to see him. So spent a lot of today just working and playing with him. Also went into Boston today to hang out with a friend from high-school that I hadn't seen in almost 3 years...was nice catching up and rekindling some old friendships.

And on that note, I'm exhausted and need to get some sleep before another 3hrs of work tomorrow. Hope all is well with everyone!

*SS*

4 comments:

Lorin Yelle said...

First SS student? Bling!

SplitSuit said...

one might say that, yes =)

*SS*

Anonymous said...

:) man, you must have been really angry in this plane, if you want to punch the parents..:D

which breed of dog do you have?

gl chris

SplitSuit said...

Plane rides are made to test your patience in my experience =)

I have a chihuahua. If you check a rly rly rly old post you can find pix of him. maybe ill post some new ones when i get a chance

*SS*