Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 7 - Stox Video 1 Released!

So the first video of my Stox series came out on Monday! I think it came out really well, and it looks as though most people who are watching it feel the same way (voted 4.7/5 so far). If you get a chance, check out video #610, and any feedback is more than welcome.

Also finished my video for next Monday, and need to get started on the 3rd installment. I'm not 100% sure what the 3rd video format will be, but I'm thinking that quite a bit of LAG play will be showcased. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about LAG play lately and, through doing these videos and forcing myself to speak out the thought process more, I feel strong right now. So hopefully I can make a solid video and really portray all the info possible.

So in my last post I mentioned being more motivated. Well, I'm doing alright so far. I've put in about 16hrs of live play, and a few hours of on-line. Had a very nice live weekend, and made a few stacks which is always solid. Also met KurtSF this weekend (met him over at Binions) who was a cool kid. I love meeting 2p2'rs...I find it very interesting to see some people's on-line v in-person personas. So I added a few more rooms to my list of places played at, which now consists of Venetian, MGM, Bill's, Binions, and Mandalay Bay. I'd like to play at all the rooms by some point and see no reason why this cannot be done.

Other than poker, I've been playing a ridiculous amount of video games lately. I'm learning Halo (the strategy part), and loving it. I still suck, but I'm finally starting to get double digit scores more often in 4v4 slayer. I also played through Portals once again, which if you have never played it, is an amazing game. Super original, and I love the puzzle aspect of it all. However, I need to cut back on the video games a bit an start grinding more. I hate being lazy and knowing I'm putting in massive amounts of hours playing Halo, and not making money.

And a hand before sleep (my bust-out hand from the microFR HU challenge):

PokerStars Game #20987963930: Tournament #112601992, $5.50+$0.25 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (5/10) - 2008/10/06 - 21:23:39 (ET)
Table '112601992 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: SplitSuit (1469 in chips)
Seat 2: entertainme (2531 in chips)
SplitSuit: posts small blind 5
entertainme: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SplitSuit [Qs 2s]
SplitSuit: raises 20 to 30
entertainme: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [Qd 8h 7c]
entertainme: checks
SplitSuit: bets 38
entertainme: calls 38
*** TURN *** [Qd 8h 7c] [2h]
entertainme: checks
SplitSuit: bets 89
entertainme: calls 89
*** RIVER *** [Qd 8h 7c 2h] [4h]
entertainme: bets 250
SplitSuit: raises 1062 to 1312 and is all-in
entertainme: calls 1062
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SplitSuit: shows [Qs 2s] (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
entertainme: shows [7h 7d] (three of a kind, Sevens)
entertainme collected 2938 from pot

*SS*

No comments: