Thursday, October 23, 2008

October 23 - Not an awesome day

So today sucked just a little bit. My house got foreclosed on. Gotta love when you've been paying your rent religiously...and your landlord just decides he doesn't want to pay the mortgage anymore. So we get the 3-day quit notice on the door today, and of course the notice is dated yesterday. Gotta love it!!!

So ensue panic mode as I try to figure out wtf to do. I got a place lined up that is far from optimal, and the lease hasn't been signed yet in case I decide to find a new place. So I have 1 day to figure everything out. Hurray life! I just keep reminding myself that things could be worse, and keep trying to figure out what to do from here. It would seem that all my roommates are leaving town now so I'm kind of on my own for the moment. I guess every situation is an opportunity though...so plenty to do at this point.

I'm kind of sick at the moment...more from stress than anything else. When I feel the floor has been taken from me I tend to go into panic mode and get sick (throwing up and nauseous at all times). I'm trying to stay calm...but easier said than done. So I'm packing everything up while typing this, and hoping the sun is shining brightly tomorrow. I think I somehow condensed a bit from the trip last month. Which is good...except I picked up some bigger ticket items (TV, desk, chair, etc.). I'm really hoping I find something close so I can just move it all within 2 hours.

Other than all this crap...my horse is moving up again (he moved down after paying back principal and having a bit of a downer). So back up to 50nl with him, and then hopefully up to 100nl. Also...I haven't had a losing session in almost a week (though very minimal work being done, at least it feels good to see a streak of green across my PT data).

I have to be up in a few hours to start house hunting, and I'm hoping I'll be all packed and loaded by then. Wish me luck if you find a moment. And as usual, here is a hand to enjoy:

Full Tilt Poker Game #8598396311: Table Justice Creek - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:04:41 ET - 2008/10/21
Seat 1: zebra30 ($19.05)
Seat 2: FAST DAVID ($35.85)
Seat 3: bigmikesw ($24.45)
Seat 4: m1key likes ($43)
Seat 5: littlegreeno ($28.10)
Seat 6: kaldexpoker ($10)
Seat 7: DART1962 ($69.50)
Seat 8: Its RIGGIGGITY ($52.75)
Seat 9: foodperfectaa ($37.65)
littlegreeno posts the small blind of $0.25
kaldexpoker posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Qd Qh]
DART1962 raises to $1.75
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $5
foodperfectaa folds
zebra30 folds
FAST DAVID folds
bigmikesw folds
m1key likes folds
littlegreeno folds
kaldexpoker folds
DART1962 raises to $24.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $52.75, and is all in
DART1962 calls $28.25
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Qd Qh]
DART1962 shows [Jd Ad]
*** FLOP *** [Ts 2h 5c]
*** TURN *** [Ts 2h 5c] [Kc]
*** RIVER *** [Ts 2h 5c Kc] [Jh]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a pair of Queens
DART1962 shows a pair of Jacks
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($103.25) with a pair of Queens

*SS*

7 comments:

JH1 said...

Don't worry Split, you'll find somewhere good to stay in the morning. It'll work out - There's a ton of listings in the LV craigslist for apartments for rent or sublet.

Anonymous said...

Riggity,

I'm a Colorado attorney (not licensed in NV) so I can't give you formal legal advice. However, from the little you have disclosed I don't see any reason why you should move out if and until you are evicted. The notice to quit is likely a remedy against the landlord, not you. Stay there and leave on your own terms or see a NV attorney (or both).

Good luck--enjoy reading your blog.

Strongbad714

SplitSuit said...

thnx guys.

also...we ended up being informed of exactly what StrongBad is saying today. so i took a deep breath, and am currently taking my time in figuring out what to do. was a very stressful 2 days before we found this out though.

thnx for the luck =)

*SS*

Daniel said...

Split,

Something definitely seemed weird about that whole situation when you first posted it over on 2p2. Glad you got it all figured out.

This is notontilt from 2p2 btw, add me to the bloglist if you want.

www.jooooooooce.blogspot.com

SplitSuit said...

thnk u sir. and u are now added.

*SS*

Reasons14 said...

Hey man hope everything is going well. Still staying in vegas?

SplitSuit said...

yup...still in Vegas. and its all moving. thnx for asking Reason2 =)