Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2 - First of the month...

I love the first day of every month. I always consider them a fresh start. At least it's a positive way of looking at things =) With that in mind, it does mark the month of my video series over on Stox (LINK TO SCHEDULE). I'm very excited about it, and hope people check it out and give lots of feedback. I think this video series will help every player of every skill level, as even top-tier players may think about something in a new and profitable light. So check it out as the first video is out on the 6th.

The business stuff is all over the place right now. Hopefully something will solidify within the next few months. I would like to be an entrepreneur by 23 without a doubt. Although an argument can be made that I am one now (have own site + offer a service), I would feel better if the business was something my mother wouldn't sneeze at. That's always been my major issue with poker as a career...the respect you get is much lower than it should be from others.

On top of that, I recently read “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” (amazing book about basics of being financially independent/educated), and it really stressed learning as much as possible, because no knowledge is useless. This struck home for me, and I'm currently trying to do just that. My friend and I while researching businesses to start learn so much through the planning process it's insane. Also, I'm trying to learn new skills...so I actually went to a club promoter meeting today to see if I can't improve my personal selling skills. No skill is useless, right? I won't take a full-time job with it by any stretch of the imagination...but learning the skill + the contacts = a fun experience from what I can guess.

So this month is back to grindcore. No more lazy me. Not sure what kind of goals I'm setting yet, but I would like to do about 60hours of live play, and about 30hours of on-line play. No more goals concerning hands...but I would like to play more hours. I think this will help me focus on putting in time, even if I play PLO8 for a few hours...just putting in the hours is good. On a related note...my stakee is doing quite well. Congrats sir =)

Well, I'm exhausted and need sleep, here's a hand from last month to enjoy while I get hands going this month:

Full Tilt Poker Game #8089139888: Table Chip (deep) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:51:42 ET - 2008/09/15
Seat 1: sergeja ($59.05)
Seat 2: crakbaby ($50.70)
Seat 3: NeedAJoker ($50.45)
Seat 4: Baillabong ($54.85)
Seat 5: Its RIGGIGGITY ($54.55)
Seat 6: SiIverstar ($152.60)
Seat 7: TXBee ($50)
Seat 8: BonfireBill ($38.45)
Seat 9: Tilt_Me19 ($47.45)
SiIverstar posts the small blind of $0.25
TXBee posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Js Kh]
BonfireBill folds
Tilt_Me19 folds
sergeja folds
crakbaby folds
NeedAJoker folds
Baillabong folds
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $1.50
SiIverstar folds
TXBee calls $1
*** FLOP *** [5s Jc 6d]
TXBee bets $3.25
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $13
TXBee calls $9.75
*** TURN *** [5s Jc 6d] [Ah]
TXBee bets $35.50, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $35.50
TXBee shows [8h 8s]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Js Kh]
*** RIVER *** [5s Jc 6d Ah] [7s]
TXBee shows a pair of Eights
Its RIGGIGGITY shows a pair of Jacks
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($97.25) with a pair of Jacks

*SS*

No comments: