Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17 - omg omg omg

Omg omg omg...I'm actually putting some hands in!!! I'm really only putting in like an hour per day of playing, but anything feels good right now. I still have to force myself to sit down and play, but at least I am doing it. I really would like to be putting in 3-5 hours per day on average, but I'll take the babysteps for now. However, I have been averaging like 1hr of coaching per day as well...so at least I am doing something =)

Ended up picking up a few new students this week, which went well. Also did a double sweat session, which was a cool idea to me (student A and student B, A+me watch B for an hour, and then B+me watch A for an hour). This made me think about having an hour or 2 session where people can watch me play as a group, and we discuss as we go along. Could charge less per hour (because it's not as personal), but still a very solid learning experience. I dunno...I'm still in talks about a poker revamp service...so we'll see what develops with it all.

So other than playing, I haven't been doing too much. I decided to wipe the dust off my Poohbah (yea, it has been about a month since I've even mentioned it), and finish it up. It's currently being looked at by a few people, and then hopefully I can finalize it and post it. The goal is Sunday, but we'll see how long it takes for people to get back to me =) The post is only going to be about 8 pages (thus far), which is smaller than the 15 pages I had originally quoted. I decided I would take out some examples and leave more to the reader to think about. The goal with the post is to think...about what your doing and why you are doing it...so it's only right that I force the reader to think.

Also, I'm thinking it's about time to get back to 100nl. I have an aggressive bankroll for it on-line, so I might start playing weekend 100nl games coming soon. I just don't like hindering my hourly by playing lower than I should be, and poker, especially the way I am playing it, is all about opportunity cost. So we'll see how that goes. So poker stuff is coming together...hope all is well with everyone else.

And of course, a fun hand (omg omg omg...I held!):

Full Tilt Poker Game #8522440340: Table Fulton (deep) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:00:55 ET - 2008/10/16
Seat 1: keeganaydan ($28.60)
Seat 2: KADET_1 ($98.45)
Seat 3: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 4: Juston1254 ($30)
Seat 5: Tha Riparian ($133.80)
Seat 6: TonyTony Choper ($71.90)
Seat 7: krookymunster ($102.40)
Seat 8: yjs0626 ($112.45)
Seat 9: Earthman42 ($106.35)
KADET_1 posts the small blind of $0.25
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Ks Kd]
Juston1254 folds
Tha Riparian folds
TonyTony Choper folds
krookymunster folds
yjs0626 folds
Earthman42 folds
keeganaydan folds
KADET_1 raises to $2
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $6
KADET_1 raises to $98.45, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $44, and is all in
KADET_1 shows [8s 8h]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Ks Kd]
Uncalled bet of $48.45 returned to KADET_1
*** FLOP *** [3h 7h Jh]
*** TURN *** [3h 7h Jh] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [3h 7h Jh 3c] [4d]
KADET_1 shows two pair, Eights and Threes
Its RIGGIGGITY shows two pair, Kings and Threes
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($97) with two pair, Kings and Threes

*SS*

No comments: