Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30 - Month almost over!

Thank goodness September is almost over! This month was super hectic between moving (42 hour drive was hellish) and getting settled. Very lazy poker month given everything, which I'm hoping to turn around next month. Not sure if I am still going to go for SuperNova on PS like I had planned (currently have like 800 VPPs...i just wanted the challenge.) Which is really just like 225 hours of 100nl+ 24 tabling. This could easily be done in 2 months if I put my mind to it...but we'll see.

I've been very busy with career stuff as well. I'm currently doing the preliminary work towards getting a business off the ground with my roommate. From the talks we've had with venture capitalists thus far, it seems to be a very plausible and profitable venture if all goes well. Still doing work on that, and am hoping that this becomes a solid business, especially with the ability of expansion if necessary.

Along the same path of the career, I'm also still trying to setup some interviews. I got in contact with a company today that I would absolutely love to work with. They are a business coaching company, which is right up the alley I've been looking for. Coaching is just something I really enjoy, and in the business world you generally just do like 75% consulting, 25% mentoring. Although I'm only 22, my age is actually a benefit given I bring the “young” view point that most corporations lose as time goes on. So tonight I'm going to tweak my resume and hopefully get an interview at some point this week.

Video series for Stox is coming along nicely. The first video is on the 6th of October...so peek that if you get a chance. I'm doing a 4 video series, and doing a mixture between classroom style (powerpoint+audio) and live video. The first video is a beginner video and covers stealing, preflop+flop play, and a lot of the basics of FR NLHE. I'll post links when it's all said and done.

Live poker has been sucking a bit, but it happens. I'm getting very tired of people seeing 80% of flops, and nailing 80% of those. An yet, every time they are in a pot with me...they have me murderfaced. *sigh* Still profit on the stake, but not as much as I'd like...o well. Plenty more time to get rich =) Also...I think I'm meeting up with KurtSF this week...which should be cool. I always love meeting people I've talked to on-line in person, so long as no white vans are parked outside with promises of delicious candy...

And on that note...a hand before I get stuff done (notice villain's awesome line!)...

Full Tilt Poker Game #8173840575: Table Bracken Cliff - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:28:13 ET - 2008/09/21
Seat 1: QLxing ($20.35), is sitting out
Seat 2: thomas852 ($21.45)
Seat 3: Tiema ($41.30)
Seat 4: 1ndAoff1c3 ($55.15)
Seat 5: malukaBr ($38.50)
Seat 6: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 7: DasWisse ($8.95)
Seat 8: ohodge ($61.25)
Seat 9: Give2Charity ($52.55)
DasWisse posts the small blind of $0.25
ohodge posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [6h Qc]
Give2Charity folds
thomas852 folds
Tiema folds
1ndAoff1c3 folds
malukaBr calls $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $2
DasWisse folds
ohodge folds
malukaBr calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [6s 2h Ac]
malukaBr bets $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $2.50
malukaBr calls $2
*** TURN *** [6s 2h Ac] [6c]
malukaBr bets $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $7.25
malukaBr calls $6.75
*** RIVER *** [6s 2h Ac 6c] [3h]
malukaBr bets $0.50
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $26.50
malukaBr raises to $26.75, and is all in
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $0.25
*** SHOW DOWN ***
malukaBr shows [4c 5c] a straight, Six high
Its RIGGIGGITY mucks
malukaBr wins the pot ($74.75) with a straight, Six high

*SS*

1 comment:

dobieatwar said...

I like his river line.
He trapped you.