Saturday, September 6, 2008

September 6 - I played poker!

I feel it has been a fairly uneventful week thus far. Surprising actually, because I'm getting errands done and constantly running around, hanging out the with GF, or running errands and running around with the GF. Got my car fixed up (just needed to get my muffler replaced + exhaust system touched up)...now I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that sounds like an F250. Paid off the rest of my bills (car tax, insurance, car payment, rent, credit card, and license)...and although it's -$1K...at least it's out of my way.

I actually put in a session the other day! Holy Jesus I'm epically lazy right now. It did feel really good just to put in some hands though. I feel very sharp at the moment, though coaching + writing will do that. I'm thinking about bets and actions more than I ever have in the past, and recently came up with a very awesome realization. Betting near pot as a CB against regs = good.

Random note: I believe I am one of 2 people who has a very special stat for PT3. “Average size of CB” Best...Stat...Ever. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner..but I got in touch with a PT3 support guy who had it back to me within 5 hours of the concept. (If you would like your name mentioned here, please IM and I'll credit you)

I've also been talking with another card player about creating a dual-coaching program. I think this would be quite intense for the students, but also very eye opening. More info on this soon I hope...

Also...I've read some very nice comments about my blog + site on 2p2. So for all the people reading (and I know there are quite a few), thank you very much! I think I need to have some more improvement material on this site though. I might make a bigger effort to fix up the “Improvement Methodology” page if people would use it. Comment if you'd like me to, and also what you'd like to see. I might start a monthly newsletter-esque type thing with an article of popular interest...thoughts?

This weekend will be busy as hell between packing and spending time with everyone. I will be happy when I can get myself to a point of equilibrium again. O well...life could be so much worse. Off to sleep as I have to be up in 5 hours (gonna finally pick out a headstone for my brother's plot). So I will leave you with a hand (and self-reminder that even I can suck out sometimes, albeit he was 19/16 over 600 hands)...enjoy!

Full Tilt Poker Game #7936473928: Table Wolf Dancer - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:28:27 ET - 2008/09/04
Seat 1: EZ going papa ($57.70)
Seat 2: thepokernei ($38.90)
Seat 3: sammyq ($62.30)
Seat 4: am_man22 ($60.10)
Seat 5: Mullins1420 ($56.75)
Seat 6: Its RIGGIGGITY ($50)
Seat 7: Seemann_84 ($9.75)
Seat 8: zoitkiller ($50)
Seat 9: 808CSNJ ($50)
zoitkiller posts the small blind of $0.25
808CSNJ posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Qh Qc]
EZ going papa folds
thepokernei folds
sammyq folds
am_man22 folds
Mullins1420 raises to $1.75
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $5
Seemann_84 folds
zoitkiller folds
808CSNJ folds
Mullins1420 raises to $20
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $50, and is all in
Mullins1420 calls $30
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Qh Qc]
Mullins1420 shows [Ad Ac]
*** FLOP *** [4d 5c 2h]
*** TURN *** [4d 5c 2h] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [4d 5c 2h Qs] [Th]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows three of a kind, Queens
Mullins1420 shows a pair of Aces
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($97.75) with three of a kind, Queens

*SS*

4 comments:

JH1 said...

Idea behind the cbet size stat? I'm assuming you note what bigger than average and less than average mean for each player so you pretty much know exactly what they have?

I need this for HEM.

SplitSuit said...

idea is i can see if them betting 60-70% pot is normal...or possibly a function of weaker hand.

there is no "average" with this stat (player to player)...but its used as what size is average for that player (if the average CB size for them is 60% and they bet 90%...alarms should go off)

HappyPixel said...

Sounds like a pretty useful stat to have, but I'd use it with caution.

A lot of players significantly vary their cbet sizes depending on board texture, stack sizes, villains etc, and so knowing the average won't necessarily tell us the whole story when they bet 90% pot. It might be standard for them on this kind of board.

SplitSuit said...

100% agree HP. this stat is rly only used in super large samples (2K+)...and should rly only b used as a very basic guide. its not the most applicable stat...but i had 1 spot open on my HUD...an figured this might b useful (ill probably tweak it in the future to be slightly more applicable like only in HU pots on 1, 2, 3, or no overcard board + prd and monotone)