Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15 - In Vegas!

In Vegas!!! Well, I've been here for about 2 days now...but finally here. Spent a lot of the last 2 days setting up my room. Also, the roommates I have have been here for about 6months already (yes, I paid rent for 2 places for some time), and thus the house has been dirtied a bit. So I spent some time cleaning as well (I'm not quite OCD...but bordering on it when it comes to cleanliness and organization). Felt better after I got the bathroom and kitchen cleaned up.

The rest of the drive was kind of hellish. Was only 11 hours from Denver to Vegas, which I thought I could pump out in 1 push...I was wrong. Took a nap about 6hrs in, then another an hour later, lol. I really do suck at long distance driving...I blame my ADD =). On the last part of my trip I listened to an audio-book about executive coaching (effectively, people that help coach higher level business executives on/with numerous issues). This really got me thinking about some nice business ideas (pretty much, if I listen to or read anything, my brain automatically starts thinking about business ideas)...and I will be talking ideas out quite a bit with people this month.

So other than moving, life hasn't been too exciting. I look forward to getting back to the grindstone this week (have some coaching sessions setup, and some initial sessions...which I always love)...and hope to start putting in some decent volume. I also need to start making appointments for Kingjamen who needs follow-up rabies shots, heart worm stuff, and to get neutered. So much to do...

Well, being that my body is still adjusting to this 3 hour time difference, I'm just gonna crash out. No hand today because PT3 seems to be acting up for some odd reason. However, here is a slide show of some pictures i took along the way.

I would have taken some of Boston to IL...but I had seen all that before. These are mostly Colorado and Utah (Nevada was a trip that was so boring + flat, I didn't take any pictures). Also, you really can't take this all in from some pix...it's really something you need to see firsthand. Enjoy!

*SS*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we drove from MI to CA 5 summers ago, I remember driving through Utah, and those photos definitely tell an accurate story: major boring (yet strangely beautiful) stretches of nothing, nothing, and more nothing. Next gas station? What's a gas station?