Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24 - Back to it...

Just wanted to put something up since it has been a few days. I'm in the process of trying to learn HULHE. I currently suck very much at it, and it's fun because in seeing 80% of flops, and like 40% of rivers...I get to see how truly bad I run! Only down like 50BB playing 2/4HU (I have a severe stop-loss in the learning stage to a.) control the “loss” feeling differential than NLHE, b.) not get super frustrated over 100BB downs that happens, and c.) it's good for ya)....but it really is amazing how often people will hit 2pr when I have a piece. Or how often I get notched...O well...just keep on grinding.

Finally starting to put in more sessions. I got very lazy for a bit there, and I'm finally back to putting in like 2 sessions/day at a minimum...playing through FTP and PS. It hasn't been fun by any stretch (more set < set, set < flush, notched trips, etc), but at least I'm getting back in the swing of things. I also figured out a huge transitional leak I had. So in fixing that, I now either 1.) put in a 35min-1hr session playing my normal aggro game...or 2.) put in 45min of aggro, then super tone-down. I realized I wasn't adjusting as well as I should against people adjusting to my stealing and such...and that should pay off well in the near future.

I've recently pumped my FR stats up a bit. I'm running like 16/12/3.5 on average, ATS of 60%. It's actually kind of fun, and people are just so passive it's amazing. I just need to either 1.) cooler people more or 2.) dodge more often...and all will be gravy.

Other than that, Kingjamen got neutered the other day. Poor guy. He's still a bit sluggish...but he's starting to get his swagger back...slowly but surely. Not really sure what personality changes I should be noticing, but I'm really hoping he stops marking on furniture. He doesn't really do it in the house...but he will in a new place (or...did. I haven't taken him any place new since the operation). So I'll keep an eye on that and hope all goes well.

Things to do...make a video for my site (whoops...been awhile), finalize my Stox video, and finalize my Poohbah.

And a hand before bed (“mis-click”...I guess I got away with it because I was running 42/35 over 45 hands on this table?):

PokerStars Game #20645760683: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/09/23 - 21:55:01 (ET)
Table 'Glauke IV' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: jimmyoscar ($74.80 in chips)
Seat 2: JayDollars ($45.90 in chips)
Seat 3: freddy827 ($49.55 in chips)
Seat 4: Soply ($53.10 in chips)
Seat 5: cahchetes ($42.45 in chips)
Seat 6: xTJaxx ($49.50 in chips)
Seat 7: K'zUpQ'zDoWn ($48.65 in chips)
Seat 8: 7curse ($51.25 in chips)
Seat 9: ihibitor ($99.85 in chips)
Soply: posts small blind $0.25
cahchetes: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 7curse [Ah As]
xTJaxx: folds
K'zUpQ'zDoWn: folds
7curse: raises $24.50 to $25
ihibitor: folds
jimmyoscar: calls $25
JayDollars: folds
freddy827: folds
Soply: folds
cahchetes: folds
*** FLOP *** [6c Qs 5s]
7curse: bets $26.25 and is all-in
jimmyoscar: calls $26.25
*** TURN *** [6c Qs 5s] [9d]
*** RIVER *** [6c Qs 5s 9d] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
7curse: shows [Ah As] (a pair of Aces)
jimmyoscar: mucked [2d 2h]
7curse collected $100.25 from pot

*SS*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't HULHE pretty much a solved game?

Also, what does 'notched' mean?

SplitSuit said...

in a way...sorta. but lotta edge in that game even if u just find one tendency.

notched means that he just has u beat by one...often on the kicker. so if i call down with A7 on a KJ952 board, and he has A8...i just got notched.

Anonymous said...

You never said notched before you went to Vegas. You've changed, man..........You've changed.

Also, why HU limit? Just curious considering your hatred of limit/getting sucked out on often.

Lastly, did they let you keep King's balls as a memento?

SplitSuit said...

Cwar uses notched all the time...i just picked it up

higher hourly for lower capital investment. plus, something new to learn

they did not let me keep the huevos. o well...it happens.

*SS*