Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3 - New Month

Just got back from vacation a little bit ago. Spent a really awesome weekend up at the family lakehouse in NH. The GF came with as well and got to meet the whole family (which she had previously met in pieces), and also brought the dog. Pretty much spent the entire time tubing (which left me very sore and cut up) and just relaxing. I didn't really think about work once, and really enjoyed the time in a stress-less environment.

Among other things I also got my mohawk cut off. I had it for about a year and it was time to chop it off. I need to have my “professional hair” for job shopping. I am currently sporting the crew cut and not enjoying it at all. O well, I'll give it a month and should have my full head of hair back. Hopefully I can get a job in the future where I can have my mohawk back...

Well...back to the grindstone today. I spent a few hours today fixing up my website (which I'm guessing is the spot everyone is reading this blog from). While it may not seem like much, it takes quite awhile to link the blog pages correctly, and thus changing every page. I know there must be a way to streamline this activity...but I haven't yet figured it out. O well. Things redone: a.) video/image on homepage, b.) “What's New” box on homepage, c.) Blog page w/ direct links to other blogs. I'm looking to add to this and would really appreciate if current/past students would either link their blogs, or create one. If you would like me to put your blog link up, just send me an email: splitsuit@gmail.com

New month = new things to plan. Obviously my main goal is to get out to Vegas safely, and set settled in a new place. In the interim I am very motivated to grind out. (Of course I haven't put in a session so far this month...but at least I want to). I have a few coaching sessions lined up this week, and I leave on the 8th for my journey. I talked with my uncle quite a bit today and we really talked about how awesome of a time this could be. While I don't want to be traveling all month, I would like to explore a little bit and get off the highway a bit. Well, my trip is from Boston, MA to Las Vegas, NV, going through Chicago, IL and Omaha, NE....anyone have any suggestions on things I should see or do? Anyone wanna meet up for a drink along the way?

Well...I'm exhausted and need to get up early for breakfast with the GF (she bet me the bill that I won't wake up in time to take her out for breakfast...money in the bank). Here's a fun old hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5928850622: Table Sunny Dunes - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:48:17 ET - 2008/04/06
Seat 1: txgunner ($1,297)
Seat 2: Its RIGGIGGITY ($285)
Seat 3: Baltika3 ($1,000)
Seat 4: RichieRichZH ($831.40)
Seat 5: hells fury ($569.50)
Seat 6: jjacky333 ($155)
Seat 7: angelsach ($1,000)
Seat 8: Temhigh ($2,138)
Seat 9: joniboy ($961.25)
joniboy posts the small blind of $5
txgunner posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Kc Kh]
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $10
Baltika3 folds
RichieRichZH raises to $45
jjacky333 folds
angelsach folds
Temhigh folds
joniboy folds
txgunner calls $35
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to $169
RichieRichZH raises to $293
txgunner folds
Its RIGGIGGITY calls $116, and is all in
RichieRichZH shows [Qh Ks]
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Kc Kh]
RichieRichZH has been disconnected
Uncalled bet of $8 returned to RichieRichZH
*** FLOP *** [Jh 5s 6s]
*** TURN *** [Jh 5s 6s] [Kd]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 5s 6s Kd] [Ad]
RichieRichZH shows a pair of Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY shows three of a kind, Kings
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot ($617) with three of a kind, Kings


*SS*

1 comment:

Erica.Mahoney said...

Hahaha.... Yeah I did lose the bet. I can lose gracefully<3