Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18 - HULHE?

It has been a pretty sweet week thus far. Got most of my stuff setup in my room...tho sadly have been very lazy as far as getting my clothes unpacked and organized. O well...plenty of time to take care of that. Figured out where the basics are around here (food store + basic shopping plaza), so I'm all set up for that kind of stuff...and also took a walk around the neighborhood just to see what it looks like. It's actually a really nice place (northern Vegas, which I've heard is like “the new nice part of Vegas”)...and it's really aesthetically pleasing as well.

Besides palm trees and 90* weather...I've been trying to put in some more poker time. Picked up two new students this week, and might have a 3rd (and possibly 4th) on the way. As usual, I can't say enough how awesome it is to have this opportunity. I've actually started taking some coaching myself in HULHE. My roommate out here has recently turned to HULHE (he's just one of those kids that clicks with just about all games) and is working with me a bit on learning this game. So far it's semi-intuitive, but a lot of the calling down A-hi/K-hi stuff is just really odd.

Along with “calling and showing down”...I did a romp of the 2NL 100vpip thing. Was actually quite fun, and I did record it...tho sadly I used the wrong recording device and it sounds like a teletubby doing lines of coke. *Sigh* O well. I think I might start suggesting my students, especially ones that are interested in LAGging at all...do this. It forces you to play hands and get yourself in spots you probably wouldn't normally see. I think I ended up doing about 130pt/100 at 2NL...which just adds to my month =)

I finally started finalizing some of my Stox videos. I'm doing a 4 video series in October which I'm very excited about. The videos will bastardize the classroom style that Stox is known for as well as live recording and replayer. It will start with a very basic overview of FR in the first week, and quickly ramp up to more advanced topics. I will also be rolling out my “POTT” acronym for the first time to people that aren't students...so hopefully that will be a nice framework for people to think within.

Other than that...life is gravy. Here's a hand before bed (my learning stages of HULHE...LOL at villain):

Full Tilt Poker Game #8121319718: $5 + $0.25 Heads Up Sit & Go (61776087), Table 1 - 30/60 - Limit Hold'em - 3:34:13 ET - 2008/09/18
Seat 1: Its RIGGIGGITY (1,830)
Seat 2: koffing (1,170)
koffing posts the small blind of 15
Its RIGGIGGITY posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Its RIGGIGGITY [Qh Kd]
koffing raises to 60
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to 90
koffing raises to 120
Its RIGGIGGITY calls 30
*** FLOP *** [Qc Kc Js]
Its RIGGIGGITY checks
koffing bets 30
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to 60
koffing raises to 90
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to 120
koffing calls 30
*** TURN *** [Qc Kc Js] [4s]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets 60
koffing raises to 120
Its RIGGIGGITY raises to 180
koffing raises to 240
Its RIGGIGGITY calls 60
*** RIVER *** [Qc Kc Js 4s] [3c]
Its RIGGIGGITY bets 60
koffing calls 60
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Its RIGGIGGITY shows [Qh Kd] two pair, Kings and Queens
koffing mucks [As 2c] - Ace King high
Its RIGGIGGITY wins the pot (1,080) with two pair, Kings and Queens

*SS*

No comments: