Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27 - Things are going!

My God...if you have never run a website before, consider yourself lucky. It is insane how much work goes into this damn thing...and I can only image what happens when the site gets busier (fingers crossed on this ldo =) ). So the site is coming along and I am doing a bunch of work with Google Analytics and this click heatmap to understand what is going on. Lots of interesting data has already come up, so I look forward to seeing what things look like with a larger sample size.

Haven't really had time for many other things sadly. Have gotten some coaching done and ended up picking up a couple students, put in a session the other day to get a Stox video done (played 33/28...a grand style for FR =) ), and put in a few sessions of my own. I feel so sick good still while playing which is awesome, and the results are showing. I actually think I am going to try and teach my dad this game. He has started taking an interest in it and now seems like a good time (before I leave for Vegas again)...so we'll see how that pans out.

Other than that standard-ness...I have started hustling on my book again. (yea, the book I mentioned like a month ago that never got mentioned again) It's actually coming out quite well imo, and looks like it will be a bit longer than I had originally intended it to be. I am trying to be “concisely detailed” and it's proving to be quite difficult, but I am sure I can do it. I was a little discouraged to see that 2p2 has changed their status on pimping your own book...so I will need to be a little creative in this...but I have a few ideas planned out already =)

Also got my taxes done the other day. I normally would get very stressed about how much I need to ship back to the government (because LOL at thinking your money is your money)...but am strangely calm about it. I got them done at HnR Block because I am way too lazy and uneducated to do them well, which ended up costing me like $250...but was more than worth it imo. Ended up squeaking out a little under $10K in deductions and owe the government an amount I can handle. Though it feels odd to have to withdraw my entire FTP BR to pay for it, lol. O well...just brings my on-line roll from severely over-rolled to very over-rolled.

So the last few days have felt very silly in that I got all my bills (monthly, quarterly, and annuals all come in March for me) and paid all my bills. Feels like an insane amount of money, but I just keep reminding myself that it comes out to like $2/day per service. That's a nicer way of thinking about it, right? And on top of that I've started paying by phone because it's generally convenient...however, today was “put James on phone-tilt” day apparently. One woman yelled at me because I no longer live in the state I used to (even though my mailing address is where I currently live). Another told me “it's so nice to meet someone from Maine!” because the initials for my state are MA. I didn't have the heart to tell his woman she was retarded, but at least she wrote off some late charges for me (because I get charged when they screw up apparently). *sigh*

Well here are the site pimps:

www.askmeaboutanything.com

best story of the week:

http://www.askmeaboutanything.com/ask-trankuility-about-his-encounter-with-a-transexual

and site chat! For yet another place to talk all day and avoid work =) (I am “James (admin)” for those interested)

http://www.askmeaboutanything.com/chat

Enjoy!

*SS*

No comments: